6 TCU-anyone shooting this case in a rifle?

ackleyman

With used BR barrels being cheap, once fired LC brass dirt cheap, accuracy supposed to be fantastic, sounds like a good candidate to spend some money on.

JMO, but a 6x45 is an easier route. Not to say the TCU doesn't have its merits, but fire forming for minimal velocity gains.

But if you want it, go for it. I am considering a bolt action, 9 twist, 6x45 launching 95 gr TMK's.

The 6mm-204 will give you a bit more capaçity than a 6mm TCU, no fire forming and no custom dies. I've been hunting with one for about eight years. I built it as a platform for shooting Lead Frees as I'm afraid it is in our future here in WA. 55gr NBT's are à great pelt hunting bullet and accurate. 62gr VG's left some ra5her large exits.

Last edited:
I have been shooting the 6TCU a long time in both slow and fast twists. It will give you as much gain as the .223ai does over the standard case. In a slow twist the 55bt can be pushed to 3700! I like the 60gr Sierra at 3600. Even my 1-8 20" sported shoots 68gr match bullets into bug holes.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760JMO, but a 6x45 is an easier route. Not to say the TCU doesn't have its merits, but fire forming for minimal velocity gains.

But if you want it, go for it. I am considering a bolt action, 9 twist, 6x45 launching 95 gr TMK's.

I just got a GM barrel chambered in 6mmx223 aka 6x45 with a 22" medium sporter 9twist. Its a great cartridge especially since you can get brass dirt cheap. Great little round.

Originally Posted By: RemingtonmanOriginally Posted By: pahntr760JMO, but a 6x45 is an easier route. Not to say the TCU doesn't have its merits, but fire forming for minimal velocity gains.

I just got a GM barrel chambered in 6mmx223 aka 6x45 with a 22" medium sporter 9twist. Its a great cartridge especially since you can get brass dirt cheap. Great little round.

I love the round. Have 2 AR-15 so chambered. Very happy with them.

Back