FoxPro Camo E-Call Cover/Wrap (instead of a bag)

Old No7

This was a post from the other thread about the Yoter's Den bag:

Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiI kicked around the idea this winter of making a neoprene cover with velcro but never got around to it. I like the yoters den bag but it's huge and square, I cover too much ground on foot for it to make sense.

I didn't want a large bag either, but I did want something to: (a) Camo my FoxPro Crossfire call and (b) Protect it from bumps and bangs.

I got some 3/8" thick foam from a fabric store and some brown camo cloth. Neither were waterproof, like neoprene would be, but I didn't want to spend a lot to try this out. My original idea was to make it so I could reverse the cover from white to brown, based on conditions -- but I made the first one in brown.

So far, this attaches with small velcro strips that were attached with staples -- no kidding! -- but it worked well enough that I've used this in the woods several times now. I do plan to look for some brown and snow camo neoprene "one of these days", but I'll continue to use this for awhile.

Here's the pix:

FoxPro_Camo_Wrap_01_Small_.JPG

FoxPro_Camo_Wrap_02_Small_.JPG

With the decoy attached, that will make my idea of a reversible white/brown cover difficult to do, but I'll see how it progresses.

The other issue is the camo tape I used to seal the seams and edges has a slight gloss to it, so I'll have to address that issue.

Still, this shows that a camo cover/wrap is a possibility, but I'll bet some 1/4" padded neoprene would be a better material to use.

Tight groups.

Old No7

Back