In need of a .936 low profile adjustable gas block

Make your own, using a #8 set screw. It works pretty well if you have skills with a drill or drill press.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARMake your own, using a #8 set screw. It works pretty well if you have skills with a drill or drill press.

Really?

Originally Posted By: dan158I take it .937 will work??

Probably but those were out of stock from Midway.

A clamp type would do getter for a barrel that is a tad under vs. a set screw type.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: dan158I take it .937 will work??

Probably but those were out of stock from Midway.

A clamp type would do getter for a barrel that is a tad under vs. a set screw type.

Greg
would rather have a clamp style..

Last edited:
I ended up getting the JP low pro because I wanted a clamp on style gas block. There were several options available for set screw styles, but I was determined not to chance having an unnecessary "stress" point mid way down the barrel from the set screws.

A quick look at the specs of both shows that it should fit...although jp recommends a 1.75" inner diameter, while the sampson has a 1.56" inner diameter.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARA quick look at the specs of both shows that it should fit...although jp recommends a 1.75" inner diameter, while the sampson has a 1.56" inner diameter.

True. I didn't notice his rail choice until after I posted. I had to go with a bit larger handguard to get the clearance over the gas block.

Thanks guys.. Will that gas block work with my hand guard or should I look for another?? I think I have a BTE or a cmmg low profile non adjustable one installed.. Can't remember what one I ordered back then.. Dan

Last edited:
Installed JP gas block today.. Don't think I would buy another JP product.. I thought the block would of came ready to go other than clamp on the barrel and gas tube.. Had to go buy a 6-32 tap along with 2 types of Loctite...243 and 609.. Had to run the tap into the gas adjusting screw and build threads on the gas tube.. Then they wanted the barrel to be marked where the block goes and then remove the block and put barrel in a milling machine or drill press and drill a .125 .060 deep on the mark that was made with the cup point screw... I just clamped my block down and Loctite the screws and call it good... There is already 8 screws holding the block down and another set screw on the bottom to hold also.. Along with being a .936 needed gas block.. I will go to another manufacturer and use regular .750 gas blocks.. I will try out tomorrow maybe and see how it actually works...

Back