Minimum barrel diameter to thread for suppressor

I realize this is an old thread, but it was the closest to my question. I'm patiently waiting for my Form 4 approval for a Silencerco Harvester. In 3DHuskers pictures the lower one is the situation I have. On a RRA ATH carbine the threads do not have the undercut at the shoulder junction. I also have a SOTA arms barrel with similar thread/shoulder junction. The SOTA is a 6.8SPC and has a washer/shim between the barrel and muzzle brake which appears to square things up. Could I use the washer between the suppressor and barrel? Would it be better to just have the barrels re-cut? Trying to save some money here but don't want to mess up the can. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Bobby

Originally Posted By: reddog964I would have them done right! suppressors and crush washers don't mix very well.

Correct. Have them fixed, its not worth messing up your can with a baffle strike.

give ADCO an email. they've done a couple barrels for me already and i'm getting ready to send them another. they do real nice work and even offer a threading replacement service if necessary.

they'll be able to help you out and not only do they do good work, but their turn around times are snappy!

no affiliation other than a very happy customer

Back