An interesting stand.

stevegauth

So, i got out this morning for another solo hunt. And although i didnt get a coyote, it was an interesting one. On the first stand, I had a bobcat stalk the caller and sat and pawed at the decoy for a few just like a house cat would. I scared it away fumbeling for my phone to try and get it on video. A few minutes later, what i think was an American Kestrel swooped out of the trees and hit the decoy and flew off with it. It dropped it maybe 50 yds from the call. I finally shut the caller off and stand up to walk out and retrieve it to find a yote 20 or 30 yds directly behind me. he took off like a rocket and i emptied the magazine but couldnt connect. It was an exciting stand to sat the least. Its amazing what you see sitting in the woods sounding like a dying animal.

Last edited:
So, it sounds like you had a successful morning? You called in both a bobcat and a coyote. Anytime I at least call in and see a predator it was a good day. One day in February I had a bull moose come in to "Lightning Jack" and sniff the caller.

I definately look at it as a successful hunt. I'm quickly seeing just how many cats are around. Been calling them in quite a bit lately. Too bad we don't have a season for em.

Originally Posted By: stevegauthI definately look at it as a successful hunt. I'm quickly seeing just how many cats are around. Been calling them in quite a bit lately. Too bad we don't have a season for em.
No season for cats?? Man that sucks, I'm just getting into predator hunting and I hope to kill a cat before a yote haha

Back