Vicious Neighbor Dogs & Coyote Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

243kimber

I have a couple of neighbors with viscous breeds of dogs. One neighbor has two mastiffs/german Shepherds and the other has two pit bulls. My question is this: Have any of you guys/gals ever experience neighbor dogs going nuts over the smell of coyote blood on your person? Seems like my neighborhood is a dog pound as much as it is a neighborhood for human beings.
Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. I just don't like the breeds of dogs that have a reputation for killing children and senior citizens. And I am one of the later. I don't relish the idea of the way of leaving this earth is by having my throat ripped out by a viscous breed of dog. My plan is to have a contract, and that I will be getting suffocated by Kate Upton.
smile.gif

carry a 12 or better shot 49 or 45, load 150g(40 cal) and 185g Nosler HP(45 cal), fear no evil.

Those dogs are territorial.

By chance is it a rental house?

If they own their home, their homeowner's ins will be cancelled if they know that they have those dogs, so they probably are in violation of their homeowner's policy and it will probably NOT pay off in case of a dog attack.

Not all dogs are mean, but the pack instinct rules. If they get out, they may be on the hunt.

I love dogs too but strange wild dogs or neighbours dogs get a very very short leash on my property. Haven't had to shoot any yet but my family comes first. Killed by dogs isn't high on my list of ways to go either...at any age.

Good Info! thank You!
I recently got my CC and might start carrying around the house.

Last edited:
Neighbor two doors down has a pit, not the least bit pleased about it, but they keep it in the garage, they say it's a big baby, but I've not heard any good stories about the breed. I keep my distance, and even my dog (boxer) is a bit nervous walking by their house/yard.

Renter near my deer hunting ground had 15 mutts running, 5 did not make back(22-250) after first deer kill. Most of the rest got shotgunned.

Not sure about coyote blood, but dogs like those sure had a taste for mine when I was a kid. Got bit/attacked twice on separate occasions by two different dogs in my neighborhood. Both times I was walking by their houses minding my own business (ie I did NOT antagonize dogs). First one was a German Shepherd that came running down the front yard and leapt off a retaining wall and attacked me. I had friends nearby that helped pull me away and chase the dog off. Next time was a Doberman that came at me from under a chain link fence that wasn't secured at the bottom. That one got me on the leg pretty good before the owner heard the commotion and came running out and yanked the dog off. In neither case I don't think any kind of carry gun would have helped because they came at me so quick they were on me before I could have reacted.

And I'm not sure what ever happened with the shepherd, but I know nothing happened with the Doberman besides the guy fixing up the fence better. This day and age the dogs might've been put down and the owners likely would've been sued.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksGopher bait in hamburger meat. No more problems.

good way to get you head stomped. or worse.

always funny to me that the very words, pit bull, bull mastiff, german shepard, etc. are always automatically man killers.

lock up the kids and keep grandma in the bedroom Martha. the neighbors got a pit bull.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootRenter near my deer hunting ground had 15 mutts running, 5 did not make back(22-250) after first deer kill. Most of the rest got shotgunned. So your saying that you killed 5 or more "mutts" (domestic dogs) because the renter let them run around on or near your deer hunting location?...I just want to get that STRAIGHT!

Last edited:
No slick, I have 32 acres all well fenced. Dogs on the outside are good 2 go. Dogs that try to dig in dont make it. I am not breed prejudiced, I will keep my lab on my side and neighbors keep theirs on the outside. If mine gets out and catches the neighbors chickens I expect them to shoot them. If yours gets on my side you probably wont get him back after the first time. I usually give 1 free pass.

My old elk hunting pardner (RIP)always said, "I'll be convinced that breeding doesn't matter when some one trains up a Shetland Pony to win the Kentucky Derby." Dogs, like horses are bred up to do what they are bred up to do.

Those "baby" pitbulls kill a lot of innocent people and luckily once in a while they kill their owners.
I helped get a Pit Bull Ban in our city. They have poor enforcement.
A low life man left a pit bull at his friends for a day. The Pit got out of the fence, went next door and killed a disabled guy in his fenced yard.
Since neither of the men had any means to speak of and the city had a Ban in place then the city had to pay the dead mans final expenses.
This is wrong in too many ways.
My neighbors dogs go crazy about the smell of coyote blood/hair for days and I have one friends dog who will have nothing to do with me after killing/handling a coyote.

Originally Posted By: sharpshooter4912First off, killing dogs is illegal!! Second, it's not the breed of the dog that makes them mean, it is how they are raised and handled.

Sounds good but not always accurate.

Had a motor bike when I was a kid and every time I rode past one particular house, the dog ran off the porch and tried his best to nip my legs. Had to put legs on top of gas tank to prevent getting bitten.

One day I was clipping along 30-35 mph and there was a car parked about four or five houses past the dog's house. He was nipping at my pegs and I eased over, just missing the parked car. Dog hit front bumper and wound up under the differential.

Sure wish I had a recording of that sound, talk about a KIYI! From that day forward, I'd drive by, he'd look the other way and never leave the porch.
smile.gif

Regards,
hm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back