Daughters first turkey down.

smith1559

It's been a eventful year this year with my daughter who is 8, bagged her first deer this year during the VA youth weekend. Here that story.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...719#Post2865719

We have been on the persuit of a buck now. But alway open for a turkey when the season is in. She has alway talked about getting one, we have spring gobbler hunted for a few years with no luck and she missed one last year during deer season with my AR. But as said in the deer story we have practiced with her new gun a lot and with her confidence high from the deer still and the turkeys flooding on to my place to take roost in some pines beside me she decided to let the deer go for the evening (we had already had a decent little 8 elude us) and try to smack a bird.

After 3 attempts to get on some, that we just moving to fast, finally one popped out and gave her enough time to make a shot. Wack, I heard and I be it was a solid hit, a little flap in the air and a short run a it falls over. Now we had a little tears with the deer but not this turkey she was exited as ever.

I am again one proud dad.

Jason

Last edited:
Congrats Dad and daughter. Great job on both your parts.
thumbup.gif

I know that proud feeling... She is going to be a killer next year with the confidence gained from this year's success.. Though there will be success in future hunts, savior these hunts for there are only one firsts.. I'm sure you already know.. Reading your post just got me thinking back to my daughter's first... Congrats to ya both

I hope to stretch her shooting skills out on some groundhogs this summer, but that's going to be after go for a big ol' Tom during spring turkey... She loves hearing them gobble!!

Jason

Youth weekend is this coming up weekend, 2nd and 3rd.. We shot this weekend and got the Blackout lined up with 110 v-max.. Look out gobblers we are coming for you..

Jason

Back