AR-15 MOA challenge

myers129

This was posted on another forum as a two 10 shot string, 100 yd challenge. No stopping except to change mags between strings. Bipods, bags and slings allowed but no machine rest or benchrest setup. Here were my results from my build I just finished last night.

1. The Rifle-- Spike's tactical receiver set and BCG, kreiger 24" 1-7.7 twist varmint contour, Dedicated Thechnology float tube, magpul PRS stock, and a geissele SSA-E trigger. All cerakoted flat dark earth and armor black. Topped with a SWFA SS 3-15x42 HD in the swfa mount. Ammo- fiochi exacta 77gr SMK production ammo. Shot off a 9" Harris bipod

2. The Range-- Don't get much rougher than this.... The unfinished backyard

3. The Target

4. Group 1 -- 1.205" or 1.151 MOA
Group 2 -- .856" or .8175 MOA
Average -- 2.061" or .984 MOA

Barely squeaked by with a sub MOA gun

Yeah the guy that originally posted said any target can be used but both groups should be on the same paper. I just used this one because it is the same one he used. These where rounds 16-35 out of this gun so I will repeat it at some point once I have a load developed. I kept my 10 shot strings to under 60 seconds which accounts for some "looseness" in the groups. Thanks everyone!

This should be interesting. My Lothar Walther 17 Rem will probably hold < 1moa, it is my best shooting AR presently.

Going to try my 20 Practical and maybe my 223 today.

How much for the rifle?
smile.gif

Definitely right in the plywood, it was only broken out to help with my sinking bipod feet. It was much muddier than it looks. I intend to finish my concrete bench and repeat this with my 6mm and this rifle again. If the wind ever quits blowing...

Last edited:
Semi fast fire I would say, 10 shots were under 60secs. Sounds like a long time until you do it. A smaller dot would help but with ffp mil reticle I didn't find myself needing it too much smaller. Hopefully when the weather turns slightly friendlier we will see some more targets from other members.

Is this actually different than DMPowder's (if I recall correctly?) "contest" a few years ago? This seems like an easier course of fire, in fact.

Very nice and the video really ups the ante. Sorry for misleading you, I held each 10rd string to less than 60 seconds for a total of 2 minutes for the entire drill. I didn't use my entire 60 seconds either mag but you were definitely shooting faster than me on the second mag. Excellent shooting and thanks!!

Back