Sabre Defence XR15

newsabre

Anyone else own one of these rifles? Bought mine at a local store, the previous owner did a custom build and the salesman/friend told me a little about the company and what happened and also how they are a hard to find rifle so I nabbed it. From what I've read they were at one time one of the top tier rifles so I hope I made a good choice.

I have a 24" Sabre Defense Super Bull/Match in .223 with 1/7 twist that is an absolute tack driver. Sabre is a very good quality manufacturer that sold few rifles to the public

They made a good product but made lots of bad business decisions. Especially the decisions to export goods out of the US without serial #'s, hiding inventory in false bottoms in crates, etc.

My best ar15's are my Sabre Defence. If any body has any for sale I would love to know. here are a couple. The 24" will consistently hit@800 with factory ammo and the 16" has about 7,000 down the pipe and still shoots a cloverleaf at 100

I have had two that were work guns, and still have a personal one, loved them all. I knew several guys that worked there and were able to buy them at what was basically a pro deal price, wish I'd bought at least a couple more.

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersThey made a good product but made lots of bad business decisions. Especially the decisions to export goods out of the US without serial #'s, hiding inventory in false bottoms in crates, etc.

What's wrong with that!!! The government drops crates of guns and grenades to moderate terrorists in Syria and Isis gets them instead. But they are still going. Or the gun walking scam.

Back