Dang IT...

lol.gif
lol.gif

I promise, i'm laughing with you and not at you Smokin.

been there done that! i always check the powder hopper drainer on the side before i put it on the bench now!

i still wouldnt give up my chargemaster for the world though.

EVERY SINGLE DANG time I do this, I cuss like a drunk sailor! And swear ill never do that again, and dang it....I I have done it 3-4 times in almost a year. Burns my ace!

Im telling ya, short of dropping a case on the ground as I am about to put into shell holder to seat bullet....I am not sure if there is anything that pizzes me off more when I am reloading! Something about spilling powder all over the ground gets me going haha

Send it to RCBS & Ill bet they replace it with a new one.
I lived 20 miles from the Oroville plant and they replaced the cylinder on mine while I waited when I took it in, but that was also 20 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Smokin250Get a ChargeMaster.....that way you can do this....

2whfhg8.jpg

....And you will hear cuss words they haven't even thought of yet!

I'm there with you! I had one for years and had never done that, then did it 2 consecutive days!
mad.gif
mad.gif
I took a sharpie and made a "reminder" on the lid of the powder hopper the make sure the drain is closed
smile.gif
So far the "reminder" has worked

Originally Posted By: Smokin250EVERY SINGLE DANG time I do this, I cuss like a drunk sailor! And swear ill never do that again, and dang it....I I have done it 3-4 times in almost a year. Burns my ace!

Forgot to close it the first time. Finding a tray to go under it was a challenge. Now I am very careful about closing it off.

Greg

been there..

It's bad, but for my fustration.. Do it with a Mec loader and I did it with a full hopper of powder and then while cussing myself for spilling some of the powder before putting my hand under it.. I did the same thing with the shot.. #8 shot, those little things pour out faster than you would think.

I had to walk around the block..

Break down & get one. I won a Harrell's at the Roanoke Egg match last year. I can say that after using the same model RCBS thrower (pictured) for years; If the Harrell's ever breaks, I'll be replacing it...

This. Man the Harrells are sweet!!

I had the harrells and found my rcbs and redding to be JUST as accurate. I actually think my rcbs is the best of the bunch!!! To each his own i guess.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Smokin250EVERY SINGLE DANG time I do this, I cuss like a drunk sailor! And swear ill never do that again, and dang it....I I have done it 3-4 times in almost a year. Burns my ace!

Forgot to close it the first time. Finding a tray to go under it was a challenge. Now I am very careful about closing it off.

Greg

I did it 2 or three times before I wised up and put a tray under the spout. I don't think I've done it a single time since!
rolleyes.gif

Best thing I've found is the bottom 3 or 4 inches of an 8 pound powder jug.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Smokin250EVERY SINGLE DANG time I do this, I cuss like a drunk sailor! And swear ill never do that again, and dang it....I I have done it 3-4 times in almost a year. Burns my ace!

Greg

I did it 2 or three times before I wised up and put a tray under the spout. I don't think I've done it a single time since!
rolleyes.gif

thumbup1.gif

I found a long skinny tray that goes in a kitchen drawer to slide under the spout. Kind of ungainly but workable. Maybe RCBS needs to furnish one purpose built for the chore.

Greg

Originally Posted By: coleridgeOriginally Posted By: reddog964

I would like to try a Harrells but thats to much coin for my blood..

Break down & get one. I won a Harrell's at the Roanoke Egg match last year. I can say that after using the same model RCBS thrower (pictured) for years; If the Harrell's ever breaks, I'll be replacing it...

So Which model ? Been thinking about one for a Long time...

Originally Posted By: skinnyminnyI like the stand. Did you build that yourself?

I did make the stand, cheap and not much time involved..

I gotta laugh with you guys and the chargemasters
wink.gif
been there and done it a few times!! Jeff that is a good idea with the powder jug cut down.. I figured i can load with the drop and 10/10 scale and trickle about as fast as the charge master so i ended up selling mine a couple years ago but they are a nice machine. I got a hold of RCBS and there sending me a new tube! Great customer service as always....

Still eyeing a New Harrells though
wink.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Smokin250EVERY SINGLE DANG time I do this, I cuss like a drunk sailor! And swear ill never do that again, and dang it....I I have done it 3-4 times in almost a year. Burns my ace!

Greg

rolleyes.gif

thumbup1.gif

AH GREAT IDEA!

Back