The Many Sets to another Coyote

Pa. Mick

The Many Sets to another Coyote
24.4 lb. female 3/20/16

First set of the night, walked right up to a set of eyes at 60 yards or so. What a lucky red fox. I was on both knees and the crosshairs settled on the pair of eyes quickly. Season is over so he got a pass. Must have looked back at me a dozen times on his way out of the field.

The Fusion played various prey and coyote vocals off and on . The coyote vocals finally worked. There's an eye behind me ! She's running down the two track toward the caller on a sprint with the wind at her back. At 80 paces i bark, she stops & i send it. The 243 puts her in a spin ! I send another, a miss . Another..... She spins more and takes off. What the heck !

I quickly walk over and she is looking at me through the brush and i fire again. That does it. Took out both front knees. Remarkable what they can take.
It's been a pretty fair season calling them in but a struggle to put em down.
Time to send another down range again !
null_zpsnudv2sor.jpg

Kinda blew that one all to heck.. I have had them get up and move pretty good with both front legs shot out.. Hit them in the spine with no use of back legs and they don't go that far.. They way your dressed looks like you still got cold weather up there.. T-shirts down here.. Nice going

way to go Mick, ya just have ta put the lead to em. I've gone 27 set-ups since my last call-in, it's easy to get discouraged, but then it just happens and that's extremely cool, good going
don

Nice yote Mick, that .243 looks really sweet! What model is it? I ask only because the color looks like it was tea'd? Absolutely beautiful!

My 243 is is an old Remington model 788. Out of many different calibers it is my favorite. Years ago i sanded the stock down and just put a varnish finish on it. Not a camo finish but it's usually to late for whatever see's it, lol. Don't need camo at night !

Back