260 95vmax

Jeepyjer

FYI if you do not push the 95gr-vmax past staring load it will pencil threw a coyote.I was trying to conserve powder using 47 gr H4350 and both coyotes I shot it did not expand.I am now near max at 49 gr and my groups got even got better 3 shots touching.I cant believe how accurate a stock savage 11/110 is.
this is the exit of the 47 gr load.
A981AAF4-EA84-4F70-A7FE-55DD5FA7D9B4_zpsj9yzoenh.jpg

That one was not as bad as the other one and I had to look for it . The other was a shoulder shot threw the vitals vmax should expand and dump all the energy in the animal most of the time it does not exit. At least in the .224 cal.I will post my next kill with the new load but I sure it will improve .

Last edited:
Interesting on your velocity experience with the 95 vmax. I run it out of a Grendel, which is running about 2800 at the muzzle, and it has always expanded and exited coyotes for me out to 500 yards. Can't recall one that has not exited, usually pretty roughly. If I remember right, I am running about 31 grains of 8208xbr.

Last edited:
I shoot the 95gr vmax out of a 260 for pdogs. I get very good expansion, in fact, have some very good videos of it. I can't imagine that bullet not completely fracturing upon entry.

I fix the problem I killed two coyotes today and the vmax did not exit and they dropped in their tracks.I was just not pushing them fast enough.
Great video toasty they got carried away alright lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: toastyHere is a couple shots from the 260 rem with the 95gr vmax last weekend.

https://vimeo.com/159897893

That is awesome!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

What is your velocity on those babies, I may need to try some. I bet they are cookin right along...!

Last edited:
Back