Displaying Your Calls??

Wow thank you for that response! For a guy looking for ideas, that's a great one. Appreciate you taking the time to post all that. I saved it and I'll concider that for sure. The other problem is that I don't see myself(I know me)not buying anymore howlers or hand calls. Need to display over 100 I'm not using. Need room to grow as well again, bc I know me.

Least I could do for a fellow addict; if I was close I'd come help you build it!
lol.gif
thumbup.gif

Another option on those same lines but maybe not quite as versatile, or tacky, as peg board, would be the same concept using slat board... See examples here...

It's a little more refined, also read a lot more expensive. A guy could do the top half of the entire man cave in that stuff and hang horns til the cows come home.

Same deal on hooks, spray the base or buy the black ones, and tie them up with paracord. See accessory link top of the page on those.

Likewise, there are shelf brackets available for this stuff that would allow installation of small shelves for your set displays.

Either application you could do finished lumber shelves on the hooks, or if you really wanted to trick it out, find someone to mill some live edge slabs for the shelves.

Track lighting typically looks killer on this type of wall panel. Something about the horizontal lines and aimed light it just looks really nice.

Looking closely at a few of those pictures, and chasing links, see... https://www.pinterest.com/brandtrim/cool-stuff-creative-slat-wall-ideas/

Several of those walls pictured with wooden slats, are not slat board. They are walls built to utilize slat hardware. Appear to be made out of 1x6 pine, spruce, cedar, redwood, dependent upon what you used they wouldn't have to be real expensive either. Can of stain goes a long way on Spruce. Wouldn't take much to frame a display case up and do something like this in the back either. That's a really simple build there!!

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrWill, what is that tabasco howler in the last pic in the bottom right hand corner. I'll bet it's a hot one.
w00t.gif

Actually, that isn't a howler. It is only a closed reed distress call.
cool.gif
It has never left that shelf, since I rec'd it. It's a true "collector piece", IMHO.

Anyhoo...that call was made by David Paul (HuntNCarve Calls), back in 2008, I think it was.
Dave used to be a HOB here.
And anyone who knows/knew him can attest to his impressive calls & artwork.
I have a few of his calls.
smile.gif

That Tabasco sauce call is 1 of 3 "unique" calls that I have.
The other 2 calls, are the "pipe" call, that is in that same picture, just in front of the Tabasco. The pipe call was made by former HOB "Weasel" Dave Chaplin.
And call #3, which is hidden in these pics for some reason, is a call that looks like a big ol' cigar. It was made by former HOB R.B. Boyd.

Mine is an old gun cabinet. Had a glass company cut some 1/4 inch glass for shelves. Cut some wood and screwed them to the sides and backs for the shelves to rest on top.

Back