I Finally got a can in my hand!

Kollincoyote

When the state of Minnesota passed a law allowing the use of suppressors I didn't know jack about them... except that I wanted one.. and here it is.. SRT Shadow xl Ti..

My calling rig..

Way before the new law was passed I had been watching James O'Neill and the O'Neill OPS crew killing coyotes while suppressed and thought I'd give "Skinney" a call and pick his brain about these "Cans" everyone's talking about.

I'm glad I did because we chatted about trusts, forms, the tax stamp, baffles, threads, suppressors, transfers, pros and cons about stuff, etc..

If any of you guys have questions about a Can.. contact James he can help ya out.

Hummmm. Forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrSorry my friend you now are headed down a long dark path.

And these guys here will only lead you down it where it gets darker,
tt2.gif
lol . I am currently waiting for my 3rd can to be released from jail.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERHummmm. Forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
smile.gif

How many do you have now my Padawan learner.
How's the Barricade treating you as well??
RLTW
Steve

Congrats and welcome to the dark side.
I bought my first can a year and a half ago and should get my fourth one out of jail any day now.

Originally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERHummmm. Forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
smile.gif

RLTW
Steve

17.. Is that too many?
smile.gif
My 22 and 20 year old need 4 each at the range so they will leave me alone, then there is the wife she needs 4, I need 4 and that leaves 1 for a spare.
smile.gif

I have been a busy man last 4 weeks but have shot the Barricade every weekend. It is so small that I hardly notice it on the weapon. It does a great job and I am really happy with it. Oh my wife likes it also, bought it for her and I have put 90% of the rounds through it so far. I should have bought 2 but there is always time for another or 4 in the future.
smile.gif

For those who don't know, Steve got me started with this addiction many moons ago. It's his fault.
smile.gif

Kollincoyote I really like the SRT also. It will be your favorite until you get your next... and then your next..

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: Rangerwalker71Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERHummmm. Forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will.
smile.gif

RLTW
Steve

17.. Is that too many?
smile.gif
My 22 and 20 year old need 4 each at the range so they will leave me alone, then there is the wife she needs 4, I need 4 and that leaves 1 for a spare.
smile.gif

I have been a busy man last 4 weeks but have shot the Barricade every weekend. It is so small that I hardly notice it on the weapon. It does a great job and I am really happy with it. Oh my wife likes it also, bought it for her and I have put 90% of the rounds through it so far. I should have bought 2 but there is always time for another or 4 in the future.
smile.gif

For those who don't know, Steve got me started with this addiction many moons ago. It's his fault.
smile.gif

Kollincoyote I really like the SRT also. It will be your favorite until you get your next... and then your next..

I'd say i'm sorry, But i'm really not. I also believe your very happy with the path i showed you!!! Suppressor a lot cheaper then other addictions, and easier to manage too.

thumbup1.gif

Glad to hear the Barricade is agreeing with you so well.
I love mine too.

Originally Posted By: Kollincoyote

If any of you guys have questions about a Can.. contact James he can help ya out.

Glad you finally got it! I appreciate your business Kollin, and glad I could be of assistance. Be sure to take some pics when your out there "pounding fur".

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Kollincoyote

Glad you finally got it! I appreciate your business Kollin, and glad I could be of assistance. Be sure to take some pics when your out there "pounding fur".

Sorry James, I told my wife I wouldn't show anyone those pics!

Originally Posted By: toastyI assume this is a 223? How much does it suppress the noise?

No actually that gun in the pic shown is a 25 dti which is a wildcat caliber produced by Mike Milli, owner of Dedicated Technology.

It's a 6.8 parent case necked down to a 25 cal.
I use 31 gr. of H322 shooting a Sierra 75 gr. HP at 3300 fps. The suppressor is a 30 cal.

When I shot 40 or so rounds through it the other day it sounds to me kinda like the combination of a .22 lr out of a long gun and disconnecting a air hose from a compressor. If that makes sense.
All those rounds I shot without ear pertection.

But like everyone says, they are more quite when screwed on a bolt action.

Have you been out calling neighbor ? We leave the sunny beach today headed back to the north country . 4 months done on the wait for Can #2 for the rim fire

Looks awesome! I have been contemplating on getting one myself for my latest build. Ill have to see how it is before I jump to any decisions though haha.

Back