17 HORNET or 204 ruger

Originally Posted By: Dixiedog1Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Dixiedog1 I'd sure like to see more brass manufacturers on it though...Hornady's Superformance loads suck to reload and the Hornady new brass is a bit spendy.

what kind of problems are you having?

The primer pockets are a pain to ream so they'll accept a primer and I'm seeing short brass life with the Superformance brass that I reload. New brass is better just expensive compared to other calibers....$30+ per 50 compared to about the same for 100 if Winchester brass was available.

the primers of the 17 hornady hornet superformance cartridges are crimped in? even the recently manufactured stuff?

i did not know that. if they are, why would they do that on only the superperformance ammo? seems weird.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Dixiedog1Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Dixiedog1 I'd sure like to see more brass manufacturers on it though...Hornady's Superformance loads suck to reload and the Hornady new brass is a bit spendy.

what kind of problems are you having?

The primer pockets are a pain to ream so they'll accept a primer and I'm seeing short brass life with the Superformance brass that I reload. New brass is better just expensive compared to other calibers....$30+ per 50 compared to about the same for 100 if Winchester brass was available.

the primers of the 17 hornady hornet superformance cartridges are crimped in? even the recently manufactured stuff?

i did not know that. if they are, why would they do that on only the superperformance ammo? seems weird.

When I talked to Hornady CS the guy said some was crimped....some was not....some was crimped more....some of the older brass had pockets that were out of round. Basically he said it's a normal thing for the .17 Hornet Superformance ammo

Back