Reloading 22 long rifle ammo

'Bout time someone made a liar out of those of us who have claimed there's
no way to reload rimfire ammo!

Read the reviews on the site. As Ardie Johnson(?) used to say on Laugh-In
(dating myself) when posing as the German, "Velly intelesting"!

Although the cleaning and repriming would be tedious, they do seem to
make it possible.

At the club yesterday, an older shooter had a CZ in 22Mag. Although he wasn't repriming his rimfire brass, he was pulling the projectile and dumping the powder and reloading with his powder charge and a 50 and 60 grain V-max. Said he had to much time on his hands. I only saw him shoot one round and had to leave but it did go bang!!!

I don't want to sound like a butt, but after looking at the kit, the first thing that I see is there is nothing in the kit for lubing those heeled bullets.

The second thing is that there is nothing to re-size that rimfire case. I see a slot in the bullet mould that looks like it is used for seating the projectile, but I don't see a way to re-size the empty case.

To bad a few years ago we couldn't pool a pot of money and start Predator Masters 22LR.
Sub-contract to winchester or someone, and get the equipment and load 22's.

With as long as this stupid shortage has gone, we could have all been millionaires with the prices that are being charged. (plus first dibbs on production runs of course)

At $38 for a box of 550 winchester 36gr HP copper jackets it wouldn't take long to make money.
(i paid that last weekend at a local store that had a 1 box limit per adult)

Years ago I was in McBride's, in Austin TX. I walked in to where they had all the firearms, and struck up a conversation with the salesman. When he found out I was a handloader, he handed me what was then a true wildcat: a 22 necked down to 17. (I honestly don't remember if it was a magnum or not, but I think it was probably a LR.) He told me there were several guys doing it: they had a piece of 1" Lexan bolted to their presses.

They were pulling the 22 projectiles, dumping the powder, necking the rimfire cases down to 17, then replacing the powder and seating a .172" projectile. The Lexan was in case the priming mix decided to go off during the seating stroke.

Seeing as I just bought a 5MM Rimfire Magnum, I really wish there were a place to get primed 22 Magnum cases. The 5MM case is 1.2" long so it is neither LR or Magnum length, but if the cases were available it would be easy enough to get someone to cut me a die, and I could trim the cases to length. The rest is simple, as 20-caliber projectiles are out there. Using the powder in a 22 LR as a guide, just work up...

Back