~Day LighT SAvings~

Infidel 762

Staff member
When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old Indian said, “Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.”

So anyway, road runners can not out run the descent of a peregrine falcon.. I have seen them flush and take quail in mid flight.. Without googles, this raptor can reach speeds of over 200 mph nose diving.. Airborne, death from above.. Carnage in the wake;

I walked about 3/4 of a mile past that mangled roadrunner to make a stand.. Crossed a creek over a beaver dam.. Set-up on a hill above that water.. There, my sweaty BDU top stuck against my back as mosquitos bit thru the material;

http://i561.photobucket.com/albums/ss54//image.jpg1_388.jpg[/url]

I could faintly hear a rooster crowing in the distance from my over watch of the river bottom.. I let out one lone howl then silently took in my surroundings for several minutes.. I did a time check and realized I was off an hour for daylight savings.. Next, all I did was a few whimpers.. That was enough to get one coming in from the thick accretion along the river.. I remained silent as she zig-zagged her way towards me.. She had me all jacked up and shaking as I watched her through the scope.. I hit her low and she spun as she went down into the creek I crossed on my way in.. I heard her hit the water but did not see her come up the other side;

[url=https://jeremynickel.smugmug.com/Predator-Masters-Posts/i-BPV35JR/A][img]https://photos.smugmug.com/Predator-Masters-Posts/i-BPV35JR/0/f985c003/L/IMG_2465-L.jpg

With weapon at the ready I peaked over the bank;

[url=https://jeremynickel.smugmug.com/Predator-Masters-Posts/i-djQgjdp/A t=_blank]

That shot definitely set her clock forward for daylight savings.. I drug her out of the creek, below a tree.. A final resting place for her to grow cold.. Looking up.. realize that within some of the coldest objects in our universe, often burns a warm core.-. The forming of a star and sometimes multiple stars..

Don't forget to set your clocks forward..

Your posts are worth looking at every time.
thumbup1.gif

Yes-- you do have great posts --
Gotta get up that way and buy you a burger and shake --
Thanks for sharing --
Thx

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeYour posts are worth looking at every time.
thumbup1.gif

I second this. It's like when a child get excited for a picture book and story.
thumbup.gif

say it ain't so...........mosquitos already? I didn't make it out, but I know the flies have sure been out on some of my recent outings. Gonna be a tough year I'm afraid. Nice job.

Mosquitoes!?!? Oh Lawd, I ain't ready for that yet. Way too early. Been missing your posts, but realize you have some other things going on in life right now too. Good to see you knocking some down again.

My rancher texted me yesterday afternoon, been seeing the same coyote several times. We tried for it Saturday morning, and I tried again yesterday evening. It is a smart one though. I gotta figure out a new plan for it. I may need to try the howl/whimpers thing. Or maybe no calling at all, just a LR ambush over the water hole with my 6.5 Creedmoor.

Mosquitoes have started here also. They haven't been to aggressive yet, just annoying. Pulled a tick off over the weekend. Time for some permethrin I guess. Nice job and entertaining story as always.

Thanks all and yeah Mosquitos have definitely hatched a new plague for spring.

Originally Posted By: JTPinTXMy rancher texted me yesterday afternoon, been seeing the same coyote several times. We tried for it Saturday morning, and I tried again yesterday evening. It is a smart one though. I gotta figure out a new plan for it. I may need to try the howl/whimpers thing. Or maybe no calling at all, just a LR ambush over the water hole with my 6.5 Creedmoor.

I thought you and your son shot that one last weekend;

Good to see you getting back out especially after your son's accident..

Prayers for progress in recovery..

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrThanks again Infi for a great ride and pics. Oh and thanks for not being my dentist too.

I utilize only the finest anesthesia
w00t.gif

I actually killed two last week Jeremy. That was the second one. Both about 75 yards, both right in the chest with that 243/87 VMAX combo. I am really liking that rifle and bullet. It lays them down hard.

We took my son back to Amarillo yesterday to get staples out (22 of those little boogers). Bone Doc says everything is good to go, arm is healing nicely. It will still take a good while for it to heal completely, but he did clear him for light work duty, and driving a tractor. That made my son very happy. He went back to his college classes last week and was able to catch back up just fine. So it is all good on that front.

Life is starting to look up again now.

I forgot to ask, what kind of chassis is that you have on that Savage? Looks like it could use some FDE cerakote to me.

Back