Shouldn't Have Eaten That Chili

azmastablasta

PTSD? Come on. I can see them all at a counseling session. An Iraq war veteran, telling how he had the crap blown out of him by a roadside IED, lost limbs, lost fellow soldiers, has nightly flashbacks, night terrors, etc. Then they turn to the toilet lady, and she says, "Oh, I got the crap blown into me, Mmmmm hmmm. Let me tell you.............." Taco Bell dindunuffin.

Baltimore woman 'blown off' her own toilet files lawsuit
By Shelley Orman Thursday, March 10th 2016

BALTIMORE (WBFF) -- A Baltimore woman says she was injured both physically and emotionally from an exploding toilet.

"She was blown off that toilet that day," says attorney Louis Glick.

The woman is now filing a lawsuit more than a year after the day it happened. Angela Wright says she still suffers psychologically and her home hasn't been repaired.

"I was literally covered in feces. Are you kidding me who wants that?" Wright said.

Wright spoke with FOX45 about the ordeal in November 2014, right after it happened.

"She had to clean it up herself," Glick says. "Can you imagine doing that?"

Named in the lawsuit are Baltimore's mayor and City Council along with two city contractors -- Heitkamp Incorporated and Spinello Companies.

"She still has enormous emotional stress and she's still under treatment," Glick says, "for post-traumatic stress disorder."

In 2014 FOX45 was told the city contracted the company Spinello, to use high-pressure hoses to clean out the sewer line in Wright's neighborhood.

She says she was sitting on her toilet when it backed up and she was blown off.

"The Spinello men came in here," she told us that day. "Once they stopped the machines and I showed them I was covered in feces and they were blown away."

Glick says property damage is significant.

"We have an estimate of $14,000 just to repair the bathroom," he says, adding that day wasn't the first time that waste backed up into Wright's home.

"It happened also in August 2014. Fortunately she wasn't sitting there."

"I would probably seek $250,000 if we go in front of a jury to compensate her properly for the enormous blows to her psyche and physical self."

FOX45 reached out to all those named in the lawsuit late Thursday afternoon, and are still waiting to hear back. A court date for the case has not been set.

http://komonews.com/news/offbeat/baltimore-woman-blown-off-her-own-toilet-files-lawsuit

Now that's a shitee deal right there!
rolleyes.gif
lol.gif

i guess anything's possible, but any built up pressure that came up from the sewer main should have gone out her vent stack and not come through the toilet trap. if there was liquid it would have come through the shower/tub drain - or the lowest floor drain in the basement of her house before any venting through a toilet.

i'm shocked the contractor has not paid (via insurance) to have the damages repaired already - unless they dont have insurance to cover it. that doesnt add up as the article says its a city hired contractor - folks who do that kind of work are usually required to carry a hefty liability policy with the city named specifically in a rider before the award the contract. this is fairly standard in the subcontracting world AFAIK. i know for the commercial repair work i do, i'm required to maintain a $2 million dollar general liability policy. IIRC walmart requires all their contractors to carry a similar (or higher) policy to even step foot on their property. i just cant see ANY municipality not requiring a similar circumstance.

i guess i'm saying something doesnt add up. her house should have been fully repaired long ago if it truly was the fault as claimed.

you could say something smells funny about the whole situation
grin.gif

I'd guess the contractor's insurance company denied the claim plant.

Given the tone of the article I'm gonna guess there may have been damage from the August 2014 incidence that was never repaired, likely never reported, and the insurance probably denied the claim on grounds of improper maintenance. They get pretty asinine when it comes to bathroom repairs.

Further supporting that assumption is the fact that the plaintiff's attorney claims they have a $14,000 estimate for repairs, meaning the bathroom still isn't fixed 17 months after the second disaster, resulting in this claim.

And, that's what the plumber quoted us to completely remodel the bathroom here in the house.

Perhaps it was a minority contractor. Cities often award contracts to minorities. I believe they are held to lower standards.

Back