9mm reloaders

pyscodog

Do a lot of you handload your own pistol ammo? I shoot mainly 9mm and its almost cheaper just to buy it for paper punching. We sell 50 round box's of S&B for 10 bucks. I very seldom shoot 50 rounds of 9mm when I do shoot. Been thinking about getting some dies and giving it a go at rolling my own 9mm's.

Reloads are more accurate as a general rule of thumb. AA#7, Bullseye, and tight group work real well with the 124's. Just as in rifles, they are touchy on the OAL.

So far the only handgun I have is a 45 but I'm looking at getting a 9mm. I plan on reloading for it. I'd get some dies and components when the getting is good so at the least your set up for the next craze when prices are much higher if you can even find it. I bought my 45 around the time and sandy hook and it took 6 months to find some dies.

Last edited:
i just loaded up 2500rds. around here a case of a 1000 goes for $368. we can't mail order or i could get that same case for $199. if i did the math right it cost me half that to make the 2500.

I get 500 bullets for 48 bucks. 500pcs brass for 12 bucks. I like and prefer the 147gr in 9mm and I use 5gr n350 so 1400 rounds out of a pound of 48 dollar a pound powder. I run them out of my g17. Sagesreloadingsupply.com

I reload 115 gr. pushed by 5gr. of Unique. I already have this powder for shotgun reloading. So that is what I'm using and they are just as good as store bought, if not better. I don't like a hot load in my pistol. Always consult your reloading manual for the latest information. Always check any information you get on these sites against the reloading manual.

Quit thinking about it and do it! I prefer loading pistol...unless I'm trying to use up some of the 8 lb jug of 700-x I bought
crazy.gif
. Next time I use it I'm going to see how it meters out of my LNL measure. It doesn't meter for crap in my lee.

I reload for the four 9mms that I own...Each has a different combination of component factors for accuracy...If all you are planning to do is fun plinking, buying cheap factory ammo may be your best way to go, but if you want to build confidence in your shooting ability, custom hand loads are the best way to achieve it..When you know you have found the 'perfect' load for your pistol, the only work needed then is on your eye/hand muscle skills...But, initial set up reloading costs can cut into your budget if you don't shoot a lot....

Very few semi auto pistols will have the same exact recoil spring tension and since they headspace off the case mouth, the more exact you trim and crimp can also make a difference...

For a long time I did not reload for 9mm, because the Winchester White box ammo at Walmart was $12/100 and only my son shot a 9mm. Then during the first Obama induced ammo shortage 9mm ammo was totally missing or bringing jacked up prices. I stumbled onto an old set of cheap 9x19 dies, a carton of 2000 Remington 115 JHPs for $100, HP-38 in an 8 pound box for $50, and a carton of 2500 Fiocchi primers for $30. Range pickup brass and away I went. I am still using some of those components.

Even if I didn't save money at it, I would still reload. It's part of my hobby of shooting and, as has been said, I can get more accurate ammo than what I can buy.

I load for 380, 9mm, 38 and 357 in handguns.

9mm can be loaded really cheap if you shop around. I can do it with 124gr lead for about $90.00 a thousand. The biggest thing is it gives you an excuse to shoot more. I have loaded thousands of 38 and 357's and finally got caught up in the autos. I shoot several thousand rounds a year out of my 9mm and my 45 now. Good fun.

Im loading 9s and my hand loads are so much more accurate than store bought. My brass has all been free i use 5 grs of totegroup with 115 gr hp rainer bullet and rem 1.5 primers and power pistol with wsp win primers with a berrys 124 gr round nose bullets . Both very accurate loads in both of my 9mm i have a ruger p95 and a ruger lc9s both loads shoot great out of both guns

i'm loading the berry's 115's over Power Pistol. i want to say 5.3gr is what i'm using but dont have my notes in front of me at the moment.

they cycle in all the 9's just fine (we have a few in the family) including my hipoint carbine. accuracy is at least as good as factory ammo. i dont shoot a handgun well enough to tell anyway. in my carbine they again perform just as well as factory stuff. i cant do any serious accuracy testing since i dont have an optic on it and my eyes just dont cooperate with iron sights that way.

banging a 6" plate at 75 yds is ez money with the carbine though.

I load 9mm and 45 . Bullets and brass are cheap from rocky mountain reloading and extreme bullets,the brass lasts forever seems like.
I Use the the same charge for both calibers ~ 4.5 titegroup ,get good accuracy with both glocks.

I must look in the wrong places. I don't find a big enough savings to justify bulk loading 9mm. I am working on a source for free brass. If that happens then it will work.

Good thread, I just bought everything needed in the last few days to start reloading 9mm. I bought some Dillon dies and a bunch of Titegroup, Winchester primers and RMR bullets.

Now I'm looking into a progressive press and doing some research between a Dillon 650 and 1050 which might be my next purchase

Back