vortex strike eagle issues?

AzDiamondHeat

Not liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

Anyone else have these issues or did I get a dud?

I really want to take a look at one but havent had the chance yet. A lot of people seem to like them so hopefully someone will chime in soon.

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

sounds like you got the standard Vortex product.

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

Not helpful at all. Do you have actual experience with this scope?

Google produces many customer reviews echoing your findings. It is really tough to find a sub $5-600 1X that actually has sight picture, IME.

Originally Posted By: whitedogoneOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

Serously though. You clearly are a Vortex hater. It would be nice if you could ever elaborate on your horrible experiences with Vortex.

Keep in mind that the Vortex brand you bash so much is the go to optic of many world class 3-gunners.

My fist hand experience with the Strike Eagle is that it has performed excellent getting throw around, all light conditions, clarity on all powers. By all means you (OP) could have gotten a bad one. Every manufacturer has a bad apple or two. Since you said it has tons of parallax at 1x you prob got a bad one. Try another one out. In the end you may just realize you don't like vortex.

Originally Posted By: LowdragOriginally Posted By: whitedogoneOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

Serously though. You clearly are a Vortex hater. It would be nice if you could ever elaborate on your horrible experiences with Vortex.

Keep in mind that the Vortex brand you bash so much is the go to optic of many world class 3-gunners.

My fist hand experience with the Strike Eagle is that it has performed excellent getting throw around, all light conditions, clarity on all powers. By all means you (OP) could have gotten a bad one. Every manufacturer has a bad apple or two. Since you said it has tons of parallax at 1x you prob got a bad one. Try another one out. In the end you may just realize you don't like vortex.

For all the Vortex haters, I am aware this is not a USOptic. It is a Vortex and priced accordingly.

I own/have owned and have used dozens of Vortex products( I also own high-end optics which are useful for their purpose). This is the only issue I have seen with any of them. The Strike Eagle has been hard to find so I have not been able to look through any others to verify if it is a singular issue.

Originally Posted By: gary paughtried one in the store could not get it adjusted to work with both eyes open no one else could ether.

My guess is its not close to a true 1x. I can't use both eyes with it either but I can with a PST.

Originally Posted By: LowdragOriginally Posted By: whitedogoneOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

I've owned and tested no less than 15 votex products. Although problems were not limited to the following, these 2 come to mind.
Viper..... eyepiece got very loose. Came back from service and could barely turn it. Then it wouldn't track correctly. They finally replaced it with a refurbished unit that was lacking optically.

Diamondback.... reticle was not level with the turrets. Along with crap floated around in the tube. Don't get me started with shooting buddies experience.

BTW, I have my share of 3G wins. Most all of the pro 3G guys who use a particular product don't do it because it preforms the best,it's because they get paid to use them and just get a new one shipped when they go south. I've seen them go south alone with other brands. Use 'em if you want I really don't care if your a fanboy. Just relaying my experience with the brand and optics in general, which I am sure is a lot more extensive than 90+% of people here.
WDO

I guess I've never been called a fan boy. I use all different makes and models of everything and appreciate quality. I have had good luck with the 7 different vortex optics I have used and currently have 2 I'm using along with Leupold, US and Zeiss.

I made the comment because you make blanket statement posts like "anything but Vortex," "typical from vortex," which doesn't help anyone understand why. All manufacturers have bad runs.

In regards to guys "getting paid" to run certain things, there are a 100 to 1 3gunners who get paid for anything.

Thanks for describing the issues you have had.

[/quote]

I've owned and tested no less than 15 votex products. Although problems were not limited to the following, these 2 come to mind.
Viper..... eyepiece got very loose. Came back from service and could barely turn it. Then it wouldn't track correctly. They finally replaced it with a refurbished unit that was lacking optically.

Diamondback.... reticle was not level with the turrets. Along with crap floated around in the tube. Don't get me started with shooting buddies experience.

BTW, I have my share of 3G wins. Most all of the pro 3G guys who use a particular product don't do it because it preforms the best,it's because they get paid to use them and just get a new one shipped when they go south. I've seen them go south alone with other brands. Use 'em if you want I really don't care if your a fanboy. Just relaying my experience with the brand and optics in general, which I am sure is a lot more extensive than 90+% of people here.
WDO [/quote].

I find this statement rather contradicting!!! I'm pretty positive that just 2 days ago you posted on another thread "Why do people mess with low end crap???". Yet it seems here you weren't striving very high when purchasing a diamondback or your viper which I assume is the PA model that you can regularly by for $250 brand new!!! Just like you I too have and still own over 15 vortex optics products. Out of those 15 I have sent 1 in for repair and it was a set of viper bino's that I accidentally ran over with my truck. My vortex optics have functioned flawlessly for me. I spin turrets on all my guns and have yet to have a vortex fail in any aspect!!!

The viper was a pst. I can't recall how much I paid for it. The diamondback was given to me by a distributor as a sample. I thought I'd use it in a qd mount as a backup when I was gunning 3G. I do not own a scope over $700 now,so most diffently no where near high end. I've tryed and used vortex,and will not be buying again, use what you want. All I'm saying is that there are much better choices on the market at every price point.

Well, I looked at a few at the store and they were just like mine. I had my brother look at mine and he liked it quite a bit. I think it just doesn't work for my eyes. Not a thing wrong with it.

Of course, I am half blind so not much works for my eyes...

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

Anyone else have these issues or did I get a dud? Vortex good but over rated ! And over priced !

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatWell, I looked at a few at the store and they were just like mine. I had my brother look at mine and he liked it quite a bit. I think it just doesn't work for my eyes. Not a thing wrong with it.

I assume you have an astigmatism? Most red-dots will look bad if so. PA has a good "FAQ" on red-dots being blurry:

Primary Arms FAQ

Quite frequently we have seen Red-Dot blurriness is caused by the shooter and not the optic.

Originally Posted By: Goe BlowOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

Anyone else have these issues or did I get a dud? Vortex good but over rated ! And over priced !

What optics do you feel are a better value with a better warranty?

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatWell, I looked at a few at the store and they were just like mine. I had my brother look at mine and he liked it quite a bit. I think it just doesn't work for my eyes. Not a thing wrong with it.

I assume you have an astigmatism? Most red-dots will look bad if so. PA has a good "FAQ" on red-dots being blurry:

Primary Arms FAQ

Quite frequently we have seen Red-Dot blurriness is caused by the shooter and not the optic.

Originally Posted By: Goe BlowOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatNot liking my strike eagle. At 1x seems to have tons of parallax. At 6x image is blurry.

Do your-self a favor and ignore him.....

Originally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatWell, I looked at a few at the store and they were just like mine. I had my brother look at mine and he liked it quite a bit. I think it just doesn't work for my eyes. Not a thing wrong with it.

Primary Arms FAQ

Not a red dot issue, I love the others I have. Also love my other vortex scopes and binos. No complaints or issues. It is just THIS scope didn't work for me. My final opinion is the scope is fine. Others really like it, just didn't work for me. I just swapped it out for a leupold vxr 2-8 firedot.

Back