22K Hornet for Yotes

soup

Folks,
I've got a 20" Bullberry 22K Hornet that's shoots sub moa . I was wondering if anyone uses a T/C Contender or other break open for hunting yotes or foxes ? What do you limit your distance to ?
I also have a 20" VARMATCH barreled AR in 223 Wylde but the Contender is a lot smaller and lighter .
Thank you in advance for your time and help .
Soup

A buddy of mine shoots a NEF Handi Rifle and a TC Contender in .223 for coyotes and bobcats. It really just boils down to whatever distances you're comfortable shooting at. Personally I don't like to shoot anything past 150 yards if I don't have to. The further you shoot them at the further you have to carry them back. The .22 Hornet will do
fine within 150 yards so that should work out perfectly.

Dillon shoots one just about full time, shoot him a PM.

My only concern for you would be your location. Last time I was up that way you could see every fence post in a mile.

Heck ya on the Hornet, love my model 25. I pump it with 35 gr v-max. 24" barrel and 1-14 twist. Think that's running a little over 3000 ft/s. Very fur friendly! Only thing, past about 150 yds out....not much of a punch as the .223. Jmo!

My boy has been killing coyotes all this year With a 17 Hornet . Man it flattens the coyotes out to 200 yards . Wonderful His is in a CZ bolt

Having shot many dozens of coyotes with my (standard) Hornet, I limit the range for a head-on shot to about 100yds and broadside shots to about 150-175yds.

I use a 45gr Barnes XLC over 13.0grs of Lilgun. This load clocks about 2,900fps out of my Ruger M77 Sporter.

You like the Barnes better than the 40gr Ballistic tips?

I have a standard Hornet and was kind of wondering the same about what range it will efficiently put down a coyote. Generally most shots are under 200yds, so haven't really had an issue.

Back