Having grouping problems

Hmmmm, looks like I've got some cred now.

Try coming down just a tiny bit on that benchmark for experimental purposes, but I think you're doing considerably better than before, because my benchmark loads shoot well year round.

Your gun won't throw the first shot with benchmark unless there's a problem with the rifle.

I don't use Remington primers, but isn't the 7 1/2 a magnum? Try some BR primers, and your groups will probably be just as good or better than mine.

Last edited:
You get a lot of credit. This is my first time using Benchmark. I actually had to go steal a pound from a buddy. I'll get her honed in. Thanks a bunch guy!

Very welcome, should be very consistent if you load in the middle, hence testing out a little below your first load to make sure it still looks good at those speeds. I like benchmark because you don't lose a lot of speed using a lesser charge.

I was looking back at my data from several years ago with 8208 and the 75 vmax. There's a little sticky note that reminded me about vertical flyers using the 8208. It looks like it started about 1.5 grains under max and was never cured.

Last edited:
I'm able to ring 1.5 MOA steel year round using the same load and same drop chart year round out to 600.

That's all the room I have.

Back