Unusual Sounds???

Aggiehunter03

Looking for some unusual sounds you may have had luck with. Coyotes seem to be getting smarter and the same old Lightning Jack and Baby Cottontail aren't working like they used to. I have about 200 different sounds from Foxpro, Primos, Tebbe, and others. Just looking for something really different they may not have heard.

Fox Pro lucky bird.The first time i tried this one i called in several deer,magpies,a flock of robins, i noticced a couple of cotton tails running around.A coyote was watching all this also by the time i spotted it was headn out.

Originally Posted By: robsFox Pro lucky bird.The first time i tried this one i called in several deer,magpies,a flock of robins, i noticced a couple of cotton tails running around.A coyote was watching all this also by the time i spotted it was headn out.

I've used that one some and it sounds good. I think it's one of the standard sounds. I'm talking about something completely off the wall. Thanks for the input though.

Originally Posted By: BailNever tried it but I've heard that a human baby crying brings them in. A recording of course.

I've heard that too but I just can't bring myself to try it. Having little ones that would make me sick to even play it.

If somebody could record a Llama in distress, coyotes ought to come to it real quick. A lot of people use llamas to guard their sheep and other animals. I feel sure that a coyote would love to get some revenge, plus a llama in distress would be just something else in trouble that could provide an easy meal.

The last one I called in responded to raccoon fight. Not just a little bit. He got close enough to kill with a shotgun. A buddy of mine swears he's called in more coyotes than raccoons using that sound. It was a first for me. I'd have never thought one would come in to that.

Using Foxfusion to mix aggressive raccoon sounds with either bird distress or rabbit distress is good on coyotes. IMO, coyotes don't want any butt kicking going on in their territory unless they are doing it.

N20 Angry Badger
N50 Baby Porcupine
N04 Young Raccoon Distress
No9 Raccoon Pup Distress
D30 Elk Calf Distress
D55 Antelope Fawn Cry
Or any of the goat distress sounds.

Here is a sound I guarantee you that they haven't heard Dennis Kirk dkp130 Superbird... On a serious note Burnham Bros. Kansas Jackrabbit is awesome sound. Even in TX I bet it isn't on 10 ecallers this weekend.

Back