Drop chart For 1,000 yards

catbegone

I've been looking at the Vortex LRBC drop chart and it just seems no way it can be right. What is a good balistic chart that gives you drop from 100 to 1,000 yards

You can get an app for that. I've got a couple of them, not real in-depth but it'll give you bullet drop at what ever yardage you input. Most bullet manufacturers have them available.

One thing to keep in mind, whatever you use, is the different environmental factors, such as altitude, temp, baro, etc

JBM covers this well and has different calculators that you can enter altitude and temp
Because, even if all else is equal, you will have different shot corrections in January than July.

I use the Strelok app on my Android phone. It is very, very close to what Leupold gave me when I had them build me a CDS dial for a load I use in my 220 Swift.

I still use the shooter app, kestrel nv4500 and a Victronix terrapin. That gets me the dope i need for any day of the year
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: tugboaterI still use the shooter app, kestrel nv4500 and a Victronix terrapin. That gets me the dope i need for any day of the year
smile.gif

The only way to beat that combo would be a Kestrel 4500 AB.
grin.gif

You sure can't beat the Terrapin.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: tugboaterI still use the shooter app, kestrel nv4500 and a Victronix terrapin. That gets me the dope i need for any day of the year
smile.gif

The only way to beat that combo would be a Kestrel 4500 AB.
grin.gif

You sure can't beat the Terrapin.
thumbup1.gif

smile.gif
smile.gif

Nikon SpotOn is pretty good to use (offered online and as a free app). I haven't done much long-range so I can't attest to its accuracy, but it is extremely user-friendly.

Another important thing to remember is your scope height. They usually put a generic number in the formula for you. This can affect things. The easiest way to find you exact scope height, is to remove your bolt and measure the diameter of it. Then install the bolt and measure the distance from the bottom of your scope tube, to the top of your bolt. Then measure the diameter of your scope tube. The equation is simple.

(scope tube / 2) + (bolt / 2) + (distance from bottom of scope tube to top of bolt = Scope height

Surprisingly, the Vortex LRBC is spot on. I made a chart for my .223 Savage Axis with factory 55 gr. SP and 55 FMJ, different ballistics. I went out, and out to 750 (as far as my rangefinder would read), each chart was dead on!

If you are wanting free to get you in the ball park JBM is the first place id start. But remember this....the info you get out of it is only as good as the info you put into it. Which means if you don't have a magneto speed, a darn good range finder, and something to tell you weather....your shooting into the dark praying for a hit. Precise information is important and LR

Back