Anyone use the 55 Gameking in a 22-250?

CZ527

I'm looking at getting a Sako 22-250, and I have no desire to shoot the vmax from it. I'm looking for something that won't splash EVER nor exit often. The little gameking seems like a good choice.

Looking for folks who have used it extensively with good results, thanks.

I would also take suggestions on bullets. The rifle is a 14 twist.

Sorry to ask so many questions but other than a 223 every coyote rifle I have had in the last decade shot .24 cal bullets.

I've killed hundreds of coyote with the 1365. My favorite coyote bullet in the .22-250. Can break down a shoulder or rake a hip without splash.

You'll get some exits on broadsides though. And some of them not so small. But all around, for reliable killing and reasonable fur damage, I think it's the bullet to beat in the '250.

- DAA

I've had great luck in my Tika T3 22-250 with the 1365. Killed 17 last year with that bullet at a variety of distances and angles with great performance, very small holes.

While not a 22-250, I shoot the Sierra 55gr HP (1390) in my 220 Swift with a high degree of accuracy. In fact, it is my "go to" bullet and that load I worked up for it is incredibly accurate and deadly. I had my CDS dial made for this particular load and bullet. My Swift is a 1.14 twist as well.
I can highly recommend this bullet and cannot see why it would not perform just as well in your 22-250.

I have started to use them this past year with great success in a 223, but have not killed the number of animals that others have.
When I read a post where a guy like DAA has killed over 1000 coyotes and he says it is a good bullet, well lets just say that's good enough for me.

Originally Posted By: NVcallerI use the 55gr game King love it behind imr 4895.It is a sub moa at 200yrds.

How do you keep the powder in, when the bullet is behind it?
tt2.gif

Before I got my bullet making dies I used the 55 gr spt I think the part # was 1360 in my 22-250 and .223 it was my go to bullet for years with good results on woodchucks. The bullets I make are 54 gr. hp and they are very accurate and really open up on woodchucks, I have also killed 2 whitetail does with my bullets with good results. The #1365 bullet would probably preform about the same as the #1360 the only difference would be the boat tail.
Joe

#1365 is a hard bullet, will easily exit on most coyotes as I have ran it through several whitetail deer up to 150# or so and get exits. Excellent bullet for a do-everything load but tough for my tastes on coyotes, gimme a Ballistic Tip in 50 or 55 grain weight and its DRT with no splash.

A really good bullet that WILL NOT blow up on the surface from a 22-250 is the little Sierra #1330, real killer and minimal exits.

#1365 was half moa at 200 yards with varget in my savage 22-250 1-12 twist also get half moa at 200 with the 65 1395 gameking and varget out of my 22-250.

Sierra #1365 from my 250 is lights out and all I shoot from it on coyotes. My 223's get the bulk Hornady 55 gr soft point(#2266) or Nosler 50 gr BT.

Back