BogPod Tripod Vs. Bipod

EOPC

Hello! I recently have gotten into Varmint/Predator hunting and have a Browning X-Bolt Eclipse chambered in .223. The rifle weighs right in around 10-12 pounds so I've been looking to get either a Bipod or Tripod for hunting. I've chosen to get the BogPod brand since I've heard good things about it both from reviews and people I know.

My question however, is if I should get the Tripod or the Bipod. I've heard that with the tripod you can use the velcro strap to secure two of the legs together and use it the same as a bipod. Would that be better to have a tripod that can also be used as a bipod? What kind of set up do you guys run?

Thanks, EOPC

Last edited:
I prefer the heavy duty tripod. Real easy to set up, and very versatile. It works great from sitting to standing, and once you learn how to rotate on the pivot leg, that is simple too.

check out the V2 Snipepod by Kramer Designs Corp. I have been shooting with those for a long time and are my favorite. Very light, easy to clip on and off. You will like how they swivel and how steady you can hold on different terrain.

Originally Posted By: coyotehunter20check out the V2 Snipepod by Kramer Designs Corp. I have been shooting with those for a long time and are my favorite. Very light, easy to clip on and off. You will like how they swivel and how steady you can hold on different terrain.

I will look that up when I get a chance! I know that BogPod has a 360 degree swivel as well, so I'll see which one looks better.

I also like the Bogpod and they are very durable. I like having the sticks on the gun. I just let the sticks stay out and they point in the sky when I am walking. It would only be difficult if you were going to be hunting in hard timber. They also fold up easy and be taken off in a click. If you are carrying a call and say you shoot a double alone it is nice to have your hands free to drag the coyotes. Either way you are gonna love either the Bogpod or V2 Snipepod.

I've got the bogpod tactical tripod that goes from 6" to something ungodly high, I also have shooting sticks, also have three Harris bipods, I use the 13 1/2-27 in the field.

Tripod is certainly stable, certainly heavy, harder to shift around.

Some guys use these tripods with complete rifle rests on top which is nuts to me, takes all the fun out of actually knowing how to shoot.

Bipod won for me, shooting sticks and that tripod sit somewhere collecting dust

I have and use both, I like the primos in a bi pod, very quick and adjusts easy on uneven terrain. But the tri pod is much more stable. Especially for longer stands...just my .02....

I have used both, and prefer the bipod. The tripod is very stable, but they are very cumbersome when trying to get on a fast moving coyote. The bipod was much easier to move on a coyote and get on target again.

Originally Posted By: kswaterfowlI have used both, and prefer the bipod. The tripod is very stable, but they are very cumbersome when trying to get on a fast moving coyote. The bipod was much easier to move on a coyote and get on target again.

thumbup1.gif
I totally agree, especially in the terrian I hunt in. I have a tripod but don't use it when hunting on hilly uneven wooded terrian. Just my $.02.

Back