Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2937527 - 02/25/16 04:29 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
Predmann Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Oklahoma
Nice cat. Congratulations

#2937556 - 02/25/16 05:24 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Ok Panhandle
Thanks guys. I'm still amazed how much ground he covered in a short amount of time without me seeing him or hearing anything. As many leaves as there were on the ground I figured it would be no problem hearing something coming before I saw it. It sure surprised me. About 2 minutes before I saw him a few doves flew over from the direction I was calling towards so I really started watching. I thought something might have scared them. I'm guessing that's exactly what happened.

#2937560 - 02/25/16 05:35 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
Dropadoglv Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: In the Bush.....
Okrattler, I see you got the pic of my cat, glad it worked out...wait, did I say that out loud?...JK...lol, great job and congrats...bet your blood pressure was up..were you somewhat steady on the sticks? Obviously! ;-)...purdy color! Out west here we tend to get lighter colored cats...

Edited by Dropadoglv (02/25/16 05:43 PM)

#2937564 - 02/25/16 05:52 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: Dropadoglv]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: Dropadoglv
Okrattler, I see you got the pic of my cat, glad it worked out...wait, did I say that out loud?...JK...lol, great job and congrats...bet your blood pressure was up..were you somewhat steady on the sticks? Obviously! ;-)
It was a long,frustrating process but I got it figured out somewhat.lol

Oh yeah I was plenty steady when it was time to shoot. The worst (most intense) part was getting the rifle in the right direction without running him off. As soon as I saw him I eased the safety half way forward so it wouldn't make noise as I kept my eyes on the cat. I just did it automatically,didn't really think about it. When I got the rifle and sticks across my right leg it was smooth sailing. I was looking through the scope before the sticks hit the ground. As soon I had them on the ground I clicked the safety all the way off and let one fly. He was getting nervous and I know he was thinkin about rippin out of there. He lifted his head to turn to his left when the safety clicked forward. That's when the bullet smacked him.

#2937715 - 02/25/16 10:34 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
Infidel 762 Offline

Loc: Okie
Fine job indeed! Nice

#2937746 - 02/25/16 11:23 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: Infidel 762]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762
Fine job indeed! Nice
Thanks Infidel! I'm heading out tomorrow to try and call up another one. Hopefully I'll have some luck.

#2937747 - 02/25/16 11:27 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
Infidel 762 Offline

Loc: Okie
Originally Posted By: OKRattler
Originally Posted By: Infidel 762
Fine job indeed! Nice
Thanks Infidel! I'm heading out tomorrow to try and call up another one. Hopefully I'll have some luck.

2 or 3 days and the cats are '"somewhat" safe until December;)

#2937751 - 02/25/16 11:37 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Yeah I don't have very long to make something happen. You never know though,I could have the best day calling I've ever had tomorrow. It's doubtful...but I like to think that way.

#2937752 - 02/25/16 11:37 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Nice cat!

Once you download your picture to photobucket, scroll down below the pic. There are four choices, left click on bottom one, then right click and copy,then paste that link on PM and picture should show up.

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#2937759 - 02/25/16 11:54 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: hm1996]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: hm1996
Nice cat!

Once you download your picture to photobucket, scroll down below the pic. There are four choices, left click on bottom one, then right click and copy,then paste that link on PM and picture should show up.

Regards,
hm
Thanks!I'll have to mess with it again and see if I can't get it completely figured out. Me and that computer I was using earlier were not getting along at all. It kept closing one tab every time I'd try to do something. I don't know why technology hates me so much. I'm nice to it and all it wants to do is give me the runaround.

#2937760 - 02/26/16 12:06 AM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Man, I'm glad to hear someone else has a love hate relationship to this darned thing! lol

Regards,
hm

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#2937820 - 02/26/16 08:44 AM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
FearNot Hunter Offline

Loc: PA
I like it!!

#2938288 - 02/27/16 12:00 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
Softpoint Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Washington
Originally Posted By: TheBig1
What caliber gun is that?
It's a Ruger M77 MarkII .223,I shot that cat with a Hornady 52gr. BTHP. I've killed quite a few with that bullet and it's really good on the fur.

Did the BTHP destroy much fur on the neck? Does it exit on broadside shots? (Coyotes or Bobcats)

I have trapped a few Bobcats but never shot one. Don't want to destroy it when I do!

Nice cat by the way!

#2938342 - 02/27/16 03:59 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: Softpoint]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Originally Posted By: Softpoint
Originally Posted By: TheBig1
What caliber gun is that?
It's a Ruger M77 MarkII .223,I shot that cat with a Hornady 52gr. BTHP. I've killed quite a few with that bullet and it's really good on the fur.

Did the BTHP destroy much fur on the neck? Does it exit on broadside shots? (Coyotes or Bobcats)

I have trapped a few Bobcats but never shot one. Don't want to destroy it when I do!

Nice cat by the way!
No not at all. That wasn't the first bobcat I've shot in the neck with those bullets and have never tore one up. Not just neck shots but chest and broadside shots through the shoulder. Roughly dime sized exits on broadside shots. The only time I've ever had trouble with them tearing something up is when I've hit the edges of a coyote (spine shot especially) or gut shots. But that's about normal for any bullet. Pretty much every bobcat I've shot with these bullets has been fairly close (35-50 yards) but the majority were a facing chest shot so all of the bullets energy was dumped inside of their body without leaving an exit wound. I've only had one runner and it didn't run but 10 yards or so before piling up.

#2938348 - 02/27/16 04:38 PM Re: February 24th bobcat. [Re: OKRattler]
Dropadoglv Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: In the Bush.....
Way to go rattler "man" I could only guess your in your "twenties"??? But gotta give you some props..your a "killer" and can tell you love it!!! I'm 50, but I really doubt I would be able to keep up with "ya"...keep at it...lol, a young 50!!!!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.