Nosler 90 grain hunting 6mm. Weak!

I used for the first time this year 90gr accubonds with 45gr reloader 17 chrony read 3010 and very pleased. Hit a whitetail in the brisket at about 80yds dropped and never even quivered,destroyed the vitals completely. This is from an 18.5" model 7

GC is right. The 95 was built with elk in mind. It is a very tough bullet that will hold together. The jacket shank is soooo thick it acts like a bonded. It's not the 5 grains that do it, it's the construction.

However, it sounds to me like you have been getting some pretty good performance from the 90's. Sometimes it's easy to overthink things...

Ditto what Powell 60 told ya, he is spot on with all that.
And I am in camp with GC and the 95gr Noslers that is a proven DEER bullet , if your shooting yotes you have a good bullet if your going to shoot deer with your 6mm switch and you will never look back. I tried shooting 100gr Pro Hunters in my 25/06 and got tooo many pass thrus with them,[as fur friendly as a solid] though people swear by them on DEER, however the 90 BlitzKing is a totally different animal, you will see the mist................
I shoot a 70gr Armageddon in my 6mm, at 3650 for yotes cause they are cheap, and they work. But for deer its back to the 95gr bullet. Good Luck.

Last edited:
I've had a M77 6mm for years and killed lots of Deer, Antelope and Coyotes. All one shot kills using the same load of 100 grain partition over IMR-4350. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

I prefer the 100 gr NP or NSB (old solid base no longer supplied) for deer sized game in 6mm. Their hunting BT's incorporate SB technology and I have used them in 338 WM on larger animals quite successfully but have not tried them in the 6mm.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosler-products/bullets/nosler-6mm-90gr-ballistic-tip-blems-50ct.html

Have used their excellent Accubonds in 375 h&h and 338 WM and the AB compare quite well with NP's on larger game. Have found the partitions sacrifice a tad bit of accuracy and the the AB's I've tried are extremely accurate.

Regards,
hm

One of the best 6mm hunting bullets is the Sierra 85 gr. hpbt but your bullet preformed very well two one shot kills are more important than a picture of a perfect mushroomed bullet. My experience tells me that I don't need a expensive premium bullet for deer or varmints. If it were me I would use you load and have fun.
Joe

Back