CZ 527 in .204 Ruger ordered

Jim Phillips

I don't think I even knew about the .204 ruger cartridge a year ago. Somehow I came across it in my reading I( guess and started reading about it. What I read was impressive. Of course a few YouTube videos were consulted. I bought a heavier weight 204 ruger and took it to a range. I have been shooting it several months now and I have been extremely impressed at the accuracy of the Hornady 32 Superformance. I walk around my Farm with a lightweight 22 Hornet. In fact I preferred walking around with the 22 Hornet because it was so lightweight compared to my .204. So. since I love the round so much I decided to buy a lightweight rifle in .204 ruger. Well, it was THIS forum that sold me on the CZ 527 American. 22" barrels weighing 6.3 lbs. Add a nice scope and I should be very happy.
Just for information sake while walking around I will sometimes get up wild hogs, and if a crow should not see me... I know there are coyotes because I am an amateur astronomer and I hear them in the woods surrounding me at night.
Thinking about a Foxpro too...

Glad to see You opted for the lighter easier carrying CZ "American" .204 Rifle...I have,the heavier "Varmint" and can tell You it will flat out put a Coyote down and its a fast/flat shooting Caliber.With the right shot placement I bet a Wild Hog would drop down pretty fast....I've read to place the shot in the head area right behind the ear!

I'm using Federal Loaded 39 grain Sierra Blitz Kings in my CZ .204,I don't think think they make them any more so You would have to buy the bullets from Sierra and Reload Yourself if You would choose that grain of bullet.I also had good luck with the 32 grain bullets and decent results with the 40 grainers....trick is to find which grain bullet is the most accurate out of Your Rifle.I don't think it's against the Rules to post another Site so if Your,wanting even more info specific to the .204 Caliber check out www.204ruger.com

I also have a .22 Hornet in a Browning A-bolt Micro Hunter and love packing that Rifle around compared to the longer and heavier barreled CZ "Varmint" .204 I have.If I'm still Hunting longer open Fields in my Ladder Stand I take the CZ .204 because it will reach out so much further and I'm not carrying it around then!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Good choice. I like my Varmint version so much it'll probably be the last rifle I keep. Like GTO, it shoots those 39 gr. Federals so well I don't even bother to handload yet for this one.

I have the American version, very accurate with the Hornady 32gr, not bad to carry either which scores points with me anymore.

I love my american in 204.... It dispatches coyotes really well for no bigger than it is. I lucked out I guess because mine shoots the 40gr hornady just a good as the 32 gr

Back