It's Time For a Change Of Pace....

woodguru

There are multiple topics up right now that support this position, that enough people who have weighed in on several points...

That even though they don't agree with me, they respect the fact that I have a right to voice my opinion.

Some have said that they like to see the other point of view, if for no other reason that it gives them a perspective on how the other side thinks.

The best point made, and I have tried to say the same thing, this guy just said it way better, was that when he first started coming on forum sites how dismayed he was to see how vicious the attacks were when someone expressed a view that didn't coincide with the pack. And how this has the effect of completely shutting down the opinions and views of many people.

Those who are the ones who respond with attacks, and those who jump on to be one of the pack will never understand that the ones they are shutting down have far more value in what they have to say than the trolls ever will. They don't get that their attacks and ridicule marks them as the ignorant fools they are. My favorite kind of humor is to be speaking something that there is no right or wrong only to have someone of profound ignorance call BS or you are a liar.

I left this without naming names, but it is clear that the real people, not the trolls (by their own definitions of what a troll is) have no use for seeing a serious discussion result in attacks, name calling, and ridicule.

Look at the last few topics I've weighed into, and who the last responders are, and what they have brought to that topic, which is worse than nothing.

Time to serve notice, look at Stu's post at the top of the church and you can see this was a problem several years ago, and it's ramping up again. Let the mods no you agree.

Well let's just say that whatever I consider a serious discussion I try to do it without insults or name calling, which puts me way ahead of a certain few.

And yes I do respond somewhat in kind every once in awhile, although I never take it to where a few do, a person can only take so much without responding, but...

You know when the line has been crossed, when an ignorant fool responds by attacking because they do not have an intelligent response, and several people have spoken that they see no need for that.

This is probably one of the best of the right oriented hunting/gun sites. it is the degree of reigning in personal attacks that defines to what degree everyone here feels that they can present an opposing view without suffering a personal attack. There are a lot of people who don't contribute because of the level of attacks that exists, and it is less than five people that are responsible for probably 97% of it.

My discussions seem serious to those who fact check.

Hey here's any idea, let's have serious discussions about predator hunting! I'm not sure why you joined a predator hunting forum to strictly make political posts. I am not poking or anything just wondering why? There are many platforms to have political debates and I just don't see this as the best route for that. In my opinion this leads many here that share a set of beliefs to think you are here just to "troll". Makes sense right? I mean if you look at your posts you have made I don't see anything that has to do with predator hunting. Like I said before I'm not trying to spark any further debate with you as it never goes anywhere but downhill. I appreciate peoples opinions and criticism most of the time and just thought that I would share mine with you. In short, comming here to spark political and or religious debate just makes you look like the troll. I wouldn't go to a forum used primarily left wing Democrats about knitting and refuse to post about knitting but simply poke at everyone's deeply held beliefs.....that would be trolling

Originally Posted By: reaper4Hey here's any idea, let's have serious discussions about predator hunting! I'm not sure why you joined a predator hunting forum to strictly make political posts. I am not poking or anything just wondering why? There are many platforms to have political debates and I just don't see this as the best route for that. In my opinion this leads many here that share a set of beliefs to think you are here just to "troll". Makes sense right? I mean if you look at your posts you have made I don't see anything that has to do with predator hunting. Like I said before I'm not trying to spark any further debate with you as it never goes anywhere but downhill. I appreciate peoples opinions and criticism most of the time and just thought that I would share mine with you. In short, comming here to spark political and or religious debate just makes you look like the troll. I wouldn't go to a forum used primarily left wing Democrats about knitting and refuse to post about knitting but simply poke at everyone's deeply held beliefs.....that would be trolling

I have recently (within the last couple of months) both joined and posted topics about the mountain lions I can legally shoot, I talk about the coyotes I get, and just bought an electronic call and ordered a 700 lumen red light.

Rocky apparently is aware of this because he jumps in and trashes discussions I am having with others.

So perhaps you will stand corrected as I have a couple of times lately where I had missed something that was pointed out?

Also I put it out there that I have an excellent number of coyotes behind me, and could use someone who knows what they are doing that wants to come over and show me what's up. I have a guy and his partner who are coming up in another couple of weeks.

I do use the hunting and expertise of a forum like this to learn about predator hunting and the tools.

I do stand corrected, in six pages of your post there is ONE that has anything to do with hunting. You are not helping your case by inviting members to look at your posts. It makes it abundantly clear why you are here

Originally Posted By: woodguruThis is probably one of the best of the right oriented hunting/gun sites.

yes it is. then some retarded liberal like you comes along and mucks it all up. now round up the goats and take my challenge. please.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: woodguruThis is probably one of the best of the right oriented hunting/gun sites.

yes it is. then some retarded liberal like you comes along and mucks it all up. now round up the goats and take my challenge. please.

I didn't know you had issued a challenge, I stop looking at threads once attacks start. Better watch the names there Sylvester.

I constantly find myself wondering how you feel when you must know that there is not a single member that agrees with you or finds anything of value in your posts bit getting inside the mind of someone like yourself and why you are still here. I and many others can only conclude that you thrive of the strife and confrontation that you constantly seem to bring forth. That my good sir is trolling. There a many different beliefs and opinions in this world but I am a simple man. I classify things as right or wrong with no grey area. And I classify people on usefull and useless. The characteristic that usually separates the two is the ability to be honest with ones self. There is the guy that has a flaw and when pointed out can see it, acknowledge it and try to correct it. Then there is the guy that has his flaw made known to him out of honesty and will continually lie to himself, convincing himself that he is right in thinking and everyone else has some sort of mental problem. I constantly try to ask myself what kind of man I am. Sometimes I realize all to late that I myself in my human nature have let flaw go unnoticed and try to correct it. I would graciously ask you to do the same. Take a look at your own heart and be honest with yourself. Ask yourself if maybe you have brought the name calling and harsh posts on yourself in any way instead of blaming everyone else for being harsh with you. The posts are there for folks to clearly see. The question is can you see it? If not I would ask you even as a man who does not believe in any higher power to gobto a quiet place and ask God to show you your flaws....to open your eyes to His view of what we are. Now I know that I am wasting my time but I have to try. Pray honestly with a real desire to seek truth and it will be revealed.

Originally Posted By: reaper4I do stand corrected, in six pages of your post there is ONE that has anything to do with hunting. You are not helping your case by inviting members to look at your posts. It makes it abundantly clear why you are here

Whatever you have been looking at you are missing my posts or responses to others on lion and coyote hunting, the goats we've lost here over the last year and a half, lights, scopes, knives batteries, e-callers, calibers, the .243 WSSM I had, dogs, etc. I have sold somewhere between 1000 and 2000 brand new Federal .243 WSSM cases on PM at a good price, and bought three very nice predator calls from custom makers.

So yeah it is fairly clear why I am here.

My favorite thing over on GB was when one of the brain dead decided I was a liberal shill of some sort, and that I didn't even own any guns. I posted a picture taken that day of just the .17 HMR's I'd bought in the last year, all 8 of them, high end models like Anschutz, Remy 504-Target, Ruger 77-17's with Douglas and Shilen barrels, etc, most with 8-32x and 6-24x Nikon, Elite 4200, and Signature Select Scopes.

So then I am just a jerk bragging about a ridiculous amount spent on just 17 HMR's. I guess it's just too hard to take that a liberal could be a serious gun nut, huh?

...and my next rifle may be a dreaded AR in .243, I get as many as 8 coyotes running in and I could be getting three instead of two if I had the ability to follow up with a semi auto.

Added
I keep an eye on the AR section and am looking at selling or trading a Steyr Mannlicher SL in .222 with a Zeiss Diavari 3-9x

Last edited:
I was under the impression that you considered gun ownership a privilege granted to you by your government. I'm overrun with coyotes here as well and use an AR...you're voting for a party that doesn't believe you need an AR. In fact, you could be ostracized for saying AR...it's an 'assault type rifle' for you guys.

Well I got all my information by looking at your posts. In the first six pages there is only one single post that was not in the church of the painful truth page. I didn't miss anything. You are being deceptive

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishFWIW, I've been waiting for you to, as you put it, have a "serious discussion".

Gee... and, I thought that was just me!

I disagree where gun types and capacities are concerned, I'd love to have suppressors on some of my guns.

I have no problem with states being on the exact same page as each other where background checks and wait times are concerned, and happen to believe that had all states been on the same page we would have the whole country keeping some states from going too far, like California. it is my intent to get a CWP since I am in one of the few counties (El Dorado) where they are available.

I cringe every time some left winger responds to gun violence with a demand for gun controls. To me it's like putting 40 mph governors on cars because of drunk drivers.

Originally Posted By: reaper4Well I got all my information by looking at your posts. In the first six pages there is only one single post that was not in the church of the painful truth page. I didn't miss anything. You are being deceptive

Six pages only covers the last couple of weeks, go back a few further and I had a few concerning lions, the pages show each response. Nothing deceptive about this, just go back further. In the last four months I've covered a few things. Why is it that people who call names usually resemble the names they use?

I love it when guys come out the gate calling names and ridiculing a person, then go on to say they are a troll, that is the height of ignorance when they can't even see it what they have just done.

Go back to where you have looked at a few months and you will see that you were wrong as I pointed out, stop doubling down on your mistake.

Ok so out of the last 150 posts exactly 14 have been posted outside of the church. That's less than 10 percent. Can we now agree that you are just here to stir the pot over 90% of the time

Originally Posted By: woodguruI disagree where gun types and capacities are concerned, I'd love to have suppressors on some of my guns.

I have no problem with states being on the exact same page as each other where background checks and wait times are concerned.

I thought you were a realist? States that vote for liberal Democrats have more restrictive gun laws. The Country is going to have more restrictive gun laws if we continue to elect progressive politicians to national office. That is reality. I'm guessing you are willing to concede these rights because you believe strongly in other liberal ideals?

Back