Primos Alpha Dogg ????

I have BOTH the Alpha Dogg and the Shockwave. Both do their job and both work. Also I do like both and will keep using both.

I knew up front that since I would be hunting in the cold winter months I would need good batteries so I started out with the best rechargeable ones I could fine, Eneloop Pro, the black ones for the Alpha Dogg and both remotes. I got the lithium battery pack for the Shockwave. Over the few years I've used them everybody I've hunted with has told me that neither one of them ever had a sound distortion issue.

It's always been the batteries where the problems seem to be. Not just the AD or Shockwave but anything that uses batteries. Ever FoxPro knows this. Go look at your FoxPro manual. When you download sounds or upgrade software they tell you to put in FRESH BATTERIES first. Everything always works better with full fresh batteries.

I will keep using both and hit on something last winter at a large public land hunt. I came across a group of hunters hunting the same land I was hunting on, they were spread out all over trying not to mess each other up. Anyway when I met them I noticed they ALL had a FoxPro caller. I also knew they could easy mix up their pitch, etc, to change their sounds different but only if they did indeed do that. Thinking that all the coyotes and bobcats around had heard the FoxPro sounds the last few days I got my Aloha Dogg out and called in 2 coyotes before dark. The idea was to try something different that nobody else was using at the time.

The truth is there is nothing different with having 2 or 3 different electronic callers than it is to have a dozen different hand calls or 2 dozen different fishing poles or a few dozen rifles.

I've got the Alpha Dogg and although my next call will be a foxpro for 139 I'm sorry but the alpha Dogg is better than the foxpro calls I've seen in that price. Foxpro gets the nod for having much better sounds and there customer service is second to none. I had to call and wait on hold through 4 phone calls to primos before I could get an update they had taken down off there website that I needed so I could save call sequences I kept getting your call is bad from there customer service. Well after the update its been running great for 2 years but customer service with primos is a nightmare. I don't know if your on a budget but I think to get better than the alpha Dogg your probably going to have to go with a call like the fusion or shockwave remote, jmo though.

Back