Federal fusion grouping in .308

je4bowhuntin

I bought some federal fusion 165 gr. Some federal gold match 168gr. Some winchester pp 150gr. To try out my new savage .308 fcp-sr. The federal match went under 1/2" 3 shot and the cheap winchester went right at 1/2" both at 100 yds....the fusion went 3.5" 3 shot group at 100.....this gin def does not like it or i got a bad batch.....this gun is a shooter cant wait to start reloading for it when i get some brass built up.

150g Win power points are really good bullets to deer hunt with! The lot# that I had was a tad on the tougher side and I got exits on deer! The 150g Win did a great job. Now, go back and buy 5 boxes of the Win if you are not planning on reloading!

I've shot Fusion factory 62 gr. .223, 95 gr. .243 and both 150 & 165 gr. .308 Winchester. All have been very accurate and decidedly terminal on the few odd critters I've shot and the deer my son has killed with it. I'm surprised at your results.

I was suprised as well. It shot both other factory loads on befor and one after really well. I will say that there is a flat layer of flaky lead on the fusions that is very un symetrical. I can pick it off with my finger nail. They look unfinished almost

Those Federal Fusions wouldn't shoot 5" groups out of my 7mm Mag. It likes to shoot the plain old Remington Core Lockt a lot better. And they work on Elk, thats what matters to me.

I have an OLD (I bought it used in 1980) Remington 700 in .243. Take a box of Winchester, Remington, Federal Standard, (old Red Box, now silver box) 100gr bullets, mix 'em up in a bucket and you can shoot all 60 rounds, in random order, into the same 1.5 group at 100yds. It likes the Federal best. .75 groups at 100yds.
If I shoot the old Federal Premium 100gr ammo, I would get 3.5-4 patterns. My mod 700 just doesn't like those cartridges. That could be what you are running into with your rifle.

Back