Bog pod vs trigger stick

243savageaxis

So I'm debating between getting the bog pod tri pod or the primos trigger stick tri pod. Wonder what everyone s opinion is on then. I'm kind of leaning towards the trigger stick due to the adjustability on the fly with the trigger sticks.

I don't own either, yet, but from what time I've spent playing with them in the stores I'm leaning towards the jim shockey trigger sticks for same reason you said adjustability on the fly!!

I have two gen 2 trigger sticks the tall bipod and short tripod and two cabelas brands. I don't notice a difference in noise but my only con is they are heavier than the others.

Had a trigger stick and it broke within 2 weeks... Bought a Bogpod CLD-3 with the 4 inch wide yoke and love it. Looking at trying to affix a Manfrotto ball head to it to use the Magpul tripod adapter on my Ar15 with nightvision.

I use the BodPod tactical tripod for groundhogs and predators. It's nice cause it can be used for kneeling, sitting, or prone shooting.

If you have a pretty set way of making a calling stand (for instance, you pretty much always stand, or pretty much always sit, thus needing a fixed height), then the Bog Pod is nice. On the other hand, if you're like me and don't know whether you'll be sitting or standing from one stand to the next, the ease of adjustability offered by the Trigger Sticks is an asset. That said, I think I like the Gen1 better since the top yoke is fixed. The yoke on the Gen2 tilts side to side, which I don't like at all. Also, I recently wrapped my TS in that cushy vet wrap, which seemed to make them quite a bit quieter.

^^^^^ I agree. I just picked up the Gen 2 of the Trigger Stick and the head moves side to side. If you tighten the bolts up to stop the excessive side to side movement of the head then the legs won't deploy properly. It's a very wobbly setup. I'm going back to the BogPod.

I went farther than that. I added a Bog Pod adapter to the top of my Trigger Stick. and use a Bog Pod yoke or a Bog Pod PSR (Precision Shooting Rest). I get the unmatched speed of height adjustment from the TS and the best part of the Bog Pod.

Haven't had my BogPod CLD-3 long, but from my usage I really like like it! Light and easily adjustable and rock solid for me. FYI a search on Amazon they were $88 plus tax there.

I own several Triggr Stik's and a TAC-3S and an HD-3 from Bog Gear. The Bog Gear are tougher and heavier built, but the adjustment speed on the Triggr Stik is why I use it over the Bog Pods.

The Bog Gear PSR handgun rest on the trigger stick is a very handy long range hunting platform.

I use trigger sticks also, I spread out the legs pull the trigger shake them a little till all the legs are where I need them on the uneven ground. Very solid rest!

Originally Posted By: WhoCares^^^^^ I agree. I just picked up the Gen 2 of the Trigger Stick and the head moves side to side. If you tighten the bolts up to stop the excessive side to side movement of the head then the legs won't deploy properly. It's a very wobbly setup. I'm going back to the BogPod.

That is true the bi-pod will tilt some and tightening the nuts helps but doesn't eliminate this, i guess its the nature of the design. The tri-pod will not tilt. As stated I like the ease of deployment and quick redeployment is a huge plus. I also use the trigger stick to scan my red light (independent of the rifle) with and NO other bi-pod or tri-pod can do this that I'm aware of. Before the gen2 came out I had to use monopods to do this....

so the bog pod heads fit trigger stiks without any modification?

I have sticks that I like, but I find that when I'm the caller I'd like to have a tripod to hold my rifle & leave me hands free to the remote & mouth calls. Haven't decided what to get yet.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishso the bog pod heads fit trigger stiks without any modification?

I have sticks that I like, but I find that when I'm the caller I'd like to have a tripod to hold my rifle & leave me hands free to the remote & mouth calls. Haven't decided what to get yet.

The Trigger Stick fits 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 threaded fixtures for securing optical gear etc. You have to remove the 3/8-16 threads to get to the 1/4-20 threads by removing three screws. It fits over the top of the 1/4-20 threads...

ETA: I don't know anything about the Bog Pod yoke...

Last edited:
I like my trigger stick, I don't notice any noise at all and they are very steady, for me.
I use the tripod a lot in the sitting height, I like it because I sit back into things and many times have brush around and grasses or just areas I can not place the call quickly. If while calling if I have a coyote come in from another direction I can leave the tri pod sticks standing and just lift the gun off them and they don't fall over. They also allow me to balance the gun and let me hold it to my shoulder with one hand while allowing me to control call or use hand call. This allows little movement to get back down on the gun for a shot. But they are a little heavier than some other sticks.

Back