Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2932597 - 02/16/16 12:01 AM ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~
Infidel 762 Online

Loc: Okie
Yesterday night..

I was just kinda sitting there, watching it get dark.. Thinking about the concept of "moments of clarity".. Those unexpected revelations that removes filters that once hid truth.. Like a new set of glasses, when down wind to my 7 o'clock coyote' starts barking at me.. Looking over my shoulder, this is what I saw;

As useful as food.. As matter of fact as the ground.. Pure and uncut.. Truth that makes war as necessary as stupidity.. That moves things back and forth.. Up and down.. In and out.. To and fro in balanced cycles.. From insects to cosmic dust and comets, we skip to the beat of our own frequencies intoned in the distance.. In a search for understanding of "that which is", we find few absolutes.. The only thing set in stone is that it will be balanced..

This morning I made one blank stand at dawn.. Switched gears-grabbed the plastic owl;

Matter, energy - everything circles with balance or the equivalent.. Creation and destruction, birth and death, beginnings and endings, hot and cold, positive and negative.. Birds cut the air with balance, until shot gun pellets tip their equilibrium;

Walking between sets I found some natural scent cover tongue_smilie

Made one stand before dark.. Called in this male;

I was able to shoot 20 crows but one was a coon blink

Coon, crow and coyote = Thre3 "C"s

Since before the burning of Rome, mankind has known balanced mystery.. Except those who are off balance crazy

....: rolleyes :....

#2932602 - 02/16/16 12:15 AM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
Dropadoglv Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Night hunting predators....
That's DEEP! But nice write and pics.....
“Muzzy BH” “Mathews bows” “Carbon Skin Products", "Treezyn", "ATN", "TriplePOutDoors", "Lucky Duck Elite Predator Team”, Predator Sponsor, "Venture" “Ambassador at ATNCorp” “Team Member SHL Killing Squad” “Raptor Razor” BigGameTeam, “KillersInc”

#2932660 - 02/16/16 08:51 AM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
spiderman Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: The promised land - Iowa
Again , your usual high mark performance. thumbup1

Once upon a time two targets of opportunity , pair of crows , could be seen from my work shop window that faces a large farm field. Grabbed the Dtech .204 and slowly opened the door and took aim. They were out about 150 and I picked the one on the right and sent it. The bullet took out the lower drive train and crow number 2 takes off in escape. Crow number one is trying to follow flapping along the ground calling to number 2. 2 also calling back to its mate gets out 40 yards and does a hard left and returns about 20 yards , lands , calling to its terminal mate still making slow progress in its direction . I put the x on crow two and it is crushed by the impact. Now back to crow one, now at a standstill , and the next report ends its time on earth . To see one mate return to the other in the face of death, because of this bond ,and give its last seconds of life to be with its dying mate made me feel a little sad and also inspired ..... and wonder how many people would really do the same or have......still gives my heart a pinch when I think on it. Jim

Edited by spiderman (02/16/16 10:12 AM)

Don't take life so seriously.....it is only temporary...
Jim Stauffer

#2932687 - 02/16/16 09:38 AM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
atd Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Miami Beach
Good write up! Looks like a fun, well rounded day.

#2932737 - 02/16/16 11:16 AM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
OKRattler Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Ok Panhandle
Nice! I'm not a fan of that natural cover scent. I'm glad you shot that nasty thing. The only good skunk is a dead skunk.

#2932741 - 02/16/16 11:20 AM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
jf1073 Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: NW OK
That's a nice spread there. I've run crow fight at the end of dry stands a few times lately and wished I'd of had a shotgun, its fun watching them come in..........usually takes less than five minutes.

#2932747 - 02/16/16 11:30 AM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: jf1073]
huntinaz Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Flagstaff AZ
thumbup1

#2932756 - 02/16/16 11:40 AM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
crittr gittr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: UTAH
Once again nice write up and pics. Looks like your putting the hurt on them crows this year.

#2932823 - 02/16/16 01:36 PM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
Dewey NY Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: New York
Nice write up and pictures.. I like the coyote and crows pic.. Is there anything you don't hunt.? Congrats sir..

#2932954 - 02/16/16 05:44 PM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
flintrock Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: flinthills ks
Funny what memories a picture evokes! That coyote/crow picture reminded me of a couple of times my grandmother put on a Thanksgiving meal of turkey, surrounded by quail, surrounded by dove breast. I guess I must be a little off balance! scared

Edited by flintrock (02/16/16 05:49 PM)

#2932993 - 02/16/16 06:30 PM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
Mike B Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: central PA
Great writing, philosophy and photography! And thanx for your service!

#2933180 - 02/16/16 10:55 PM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Dewey NY]
Infidel 762 Online

Thanks for the kind words all...

Originally Posted By: flintrock
Funny what memories a picture evokes! That coyote/crow picture reminded me of a couple of times my grandmother put on a Thanksgiving meal of turkey, surrounded by quail, surrounded by dove breast. I guess I must be a little off balance! scared

Off balance.. Oh ohhh.. My mom's Filipino side of the family loves to roast whole pigs over open fire pit.. After cooked they lay it out on a table surrounded by cultural side dishes almost like a shrine around the pig; head, hooves and all.. The good thing about them leaving the head on is the assurance they are not feeding you a dog;) w00t

Originally Posted By: jf1073
That's a nice spread there. I've run crow fight at the end of dry stands a few times lately and wished I'd of had a shotgun, its fun watching them come in..........usually takes less than five minutes.

Ohhhh.. Use of an electronic call is illegal in Oklahoma.. ODOW considers them a migratory bird the same as a goose.. Gotta plug that shotty..

Originally Posted By: Dewey NY
Nice write up and pictures.. I like the coyote and crows pic.. Is there anything you don't hunt.? Congrats sir..

This is the first year I have hunted stuff other than deer and predators in quite some time.. A little turkey hunting but even then I wanna shift gears to coyote;)

#2933200 - 02/16/16 11:21 PM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: spiderman]
Infidel 762 Online

Originally Posted By: spiderman
Again , your usual high mark performance. thumbup1

Once upon a time two targets of opportunity , pair of crows , could be seen from my work shop window that faces a large farm field. Grabbed the Dtech .204 and slowly opened the door and took aim. They were out about 150 and I picked the one on the right and sent it. The bullet took out the lower drive train and crow number 2 takes off in escape. Crow number one is trying to follow flapping along the ground calling to number 2. 2 also calling back to its mate gets out 40 yards and does a hard left and returns about 20 yards , lands , calling to its terminal mate still making slow progress in its direction . I put the x on crow two and it is crushed by the impact. Now back to crow one, now at a standstill , and the next report ends its time on earth . To see one mate return to the other in the face of death, because of this bond ,and give its last seconds of life to be with its dying mate made me feel a little sad and also inspired ..... and wonder how many people would really do the same or have......still gives my heart a pinch when I think on it. Jim

I slide the glass door open in my living room just enough to stick the muzzle out to take out vermin from time to time.. Mostly just use a 22 but I have given the room the spent shotgun fragrance.. I know cordite is no longer used in shotgun shells but whatever is sure smells good..

When I was real young I was deer hunting with my dad.. I don't think I even had a gun.. The river was very low and light was fading.. We had a doe being followed by a little buck come out on the open sandbar crossing the river to us.. I remember my dad shot that little buck and both turned and ran back across.. We found the little buck and was dragging it back across on the open sand.. We looked back and that doe was standing on the river bank watching us.. We wrestled trying to get that deer up the river bank when it was just light enough to barely see and that doe was out on the sandbar still watching us from a distance.. Looking back that was pretty unusual cause deer don't pair up and mate for life.. Might have been curiosity but it was definitely stupidity.. I did not have any knowledge of the rut and my understanding about deer mating was based off the cartoon "Bambi"..

jeremy

#2933432 - 02/17/16 02:12 PM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
Predator257Roy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Sunny Central Florida
Great write up and pics Jeremy. I've been looking forward to reading another one of your posts for a while. Glad to see you got out and had some action.
Always putting a deeper more meaningful spin on the hunt thumbup1

#2933699 - 02/17/16 10:58 PM Re: ~.:Thre3 "C"s:.~ [Re: Infidel 762]
weekender Online
Die Hard Member III

Loc: NC
Fine read and pics. I used to hunt crows back in the 70's with a portable 45 record player and homemade hard wired speaker. Man was that fun. Congrats on a fine day.

Edited by weekender (02/17/16 11:01 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.