Headlamp

coolbrze

In the market for a nighttime predator hunting headlamp. I want a good one & don't mind spending the money. What manufacturer, model, & color(s) do you recommend - red, green, or white?

Night eyes has a really awesome dual beam that is the nicest headlamp I have seen. I always scan with the red bit that white light on it is as bright as a trucks headlight and is great for finding these little red fox in grass or cut corn. Can't go wrong with it

x 2 for the night eyes.

I have only the red because the dual beam was brought out last year so I carry a good flashlight for finding the critters after shooting.

Battery life is awesome, 8+ hours on 50% which is what I hunt on most nights unless the moon is close to full (get better than 4 hrs. @ full power). This is 4 times as long as my original hat light from another reputable manufacturer.

I have the wicked scan pro and really like it. The reason I like it better than the night eyes is because you can change the led modules yourself and try different colors. Check with boondock he's a sponsor here, and will help you choose a good headlamp.

I have a night eyes headlamp and love it. High quality light with ajustable brightness and the owner Joe has amazing customer service. I would recommend the dual beam model with red/white.

Night Eyes best in quality second to ScanPro in performance
ScanPro best in performance second to Night Eyes in quality regarding On/Off knob

good luck!!!!
thumbup1.gif

I read up a little on the nite eyes dual head lamp and I did not see where it was a focusable beam. Can somebody that uses one speak to this?

Originally Posted By: weekenderI read up a little on the nite eyes dual head lamp and I did not see where it was a focusable beam. Can somebody that uses one speak to this?

The Night Eyes headlamps do not focus and that is by design. Our headlamps were not designed to be used as a shooting light. Surprisingly, it does not take an enormous amount of light to obtain eye reflection. When our headlamps are set at 50% power eye reflection can be obtained at over 300 yards. We use an orange peel reflector which disperses the light in different directions while defusing it at the same time. This prevents the light from being too concentrated. If the light beam is too concentrated or bright it could “burn” approaching eyes. The light produces a main beam and an outer beam which makes it ideal for scanning. The light will pick up eyes even when the main light beam is not directly shining on the approaching predator. The outer beam helps hide the hunter even if the predator is outside of the main beam.
With our dual color beam headlamp a hunter can switch from the color beam to a white beam with just a push of a button. The headlamps are completely waterproof and have been tested to -40F. Total weight on our dual beam is just over 7 ounces to include the battery. All headlamps include a halo shield to help prevent peripheral light from reflecting off of your equipment and/or hunting partner. If you should have any questions feel free to contact me at (814) 364-9660

Joe

Last edited:
Back