Olympic Arms UMAR 22-250

myers129

I just received two of the oly arms 22-250 UMAR rifles. Does anyone have experience with these to aid in learning curve or at least to help show the potential of the cartridge in this platform? overall they seem like they are very well put together. Some of the tighter tolerances I've come across in the most recent years. Thanks

Either the white box Winchester 45 grain OR the 50 grain Superformance from Hornady shoot great out of both of mine. They don't like anything over 53 grain bullets though.

I reload for mine. 60gr sierra hp do great. The only factory ammo I shot more than a few rounds was federal 55gr hpbt sierra gameking and it was very accurate, i think it may be discontiued now though.

Dont be scared of 55gr vmax or similiar though. They shoot very well too.

53gr vmax will not, they are longer than most 55 and 60gr bullets.

thanks guys, I have a couple hundred of the superformance so sounds like I'm off to a good start. I have a good selection of .224 bullets but will keep the bullet length in mind. My Remington 700's love the 53gr matchkings so hopefully this beast will eat them as well.

They are ar-15 size through and through and weigh no more than your standard .920 muzzle build would, actually lighter than the .223 I just built for my cousin but that one was wearing a PRS which accounts for some weight. I will get a weight of bare rifle next time I'm in the shop.

I love mine I shoot hand loads with imr 4064 or imr 4320 with a 50 gr v-max bullets seated out as far as the mag will allow and get just under 3/4" groups

Just weighed the bare rifle and got 10lbs 8oz with my scale. So not light but feels it compared to my smokeless muzzleloader's I'm used to moving around.

Back