243wssm shooters

gkempf

Who all is shooting the 243wssm? I have an olympic AR, currently shoot 75gr. vmax with varget powder. Thinking of trying some 58gr vmax, anybody shooting these? If so how accurate do they shoot? Also anybody else notice the brass keeps getting harder and harder to find every year? Looking forward to hearing every bodys input!

Mine likes 87 gr Horn. BTHP/Varget, very effective on coyotes, not particularly fur friendly, though. Also worked up a load for 100 gr. Nos. SBSP/H450 that works well on whitetail.

I foresaw the fact that WSSM brass might become scarce and bought a bunch when I had the rifle built so haven't been in the market but looks like the supply is drying up.

Get one of reb8600's brass catchers to preserve your current stock; they work great. I did safety pin an elastic strap on mine since the WSSM's don't have an ejection port door to hold catcher in place. Caught most as it was but missed a round every now an then on the mag. until strap added. Not an issue on AR's w/the door.

2014LaJoya3Nov055_zpsbef9d727.jpg

2014LaJoya3Nov057_zps759b912b.jpg

2014LaJoya3Nov059_zps64d4e202.jpg

Added benefit of the catcher is it serves as a dust cover when using in dusty environment.

Regards,
hm

I had an OLY that Mike put the magic tough too and it shot the 75 vmax and 87 VLD awesome. The lightest I shot was 68 bergers and they were deadly. I would get another wssm in a second if I could find brass or ammo

I had a few hundred brass when federal made some but I have just lost some over the years, (left in the field, few split cases. Now I'm down to about 50 pieces and not having much luck finding any. Good idea on the brass catcher! I'm going to have to whip one of those up.

I've been shooting 55 NBT's over IMR 4895. Shoots fast and flat. I too bought up lots of brass back in 2013. Found 550 new FC brass in the closet this am.
thumbup1.gif

Back