Leupold vs Vortex Viper

Originally Posted By: MPHVery impressed with the glass on the Leupold VX-6
Same here !
And for the price I think they are hard to beat.( I have never paid close to retail !)
The 7x42 is amazing.

Everyone's eyes are different. A person needs to look through a scope and see how it looks. Taking someone else's advice on which scope to buy is crazy. I see better out of Leupold than I do Vortex. I don't see well with Nikon, but Nikon makes good scopes and I sell a bunch of them. In a 3-9x40 scope for under $200.00 I see best out of the Burris Fullfield II. I do think Vortex sells features at the expense of glass quality. And I did buy two Vipers when they first came out, sold them to a guy that thinks they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. I like my Meopros better than my VX-3. I like my Elite 4200 and Conquest as well or better than my VX-3. But know one should care what someone else likes best in a scope because to their eyes it can be a totally different story.

my VX6 Matte Fire Dot Duplex is great day or night 3-18x50...good luck!!
thumbup1.gif

I have a PST 6-24 I wouldn't say I love it but didn't have enough money to wait a few more months on a used leupold or NF, after about a year and looking through the higher ends guess I should have waited, mine is first focal and when you go up to the 20sX a halo starts making the reticle fuzzy about 2MILS in, still haven't taken time to send it in, but guess eventually ill find out just how great their warranty really is

I have had a couple vipers and i still have a PST FF i not all that impressed with any of them, i have had a couple leupolds but only the cheaper versions they were a little better than the vipers from what i can remember, but i do notice the one HS actually gathers light a little better than the other

Back