2 cats down

NoName1

Knocked down a couple cats over the last couple weeks. First one was shotgunned at 9 am coming to coyote howls and rabbit distress. He slipped in behind me after 30 minutes and I caught him stalking in. The second one was right before dark coming to rabbit distress. He came in FAST and the 22 mag dumped him at 70 yards.

image.jpeg

image_1.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! You can't beat the [beeep] calls. I have the GC500 with the [beeep] sound library and it makes the predators crazy. Congrats and nice shooting.

Originally Posted By: C.AllsNice! You can't beat the [beeep] calls. I have the GC500 with the [beeep] sound library and it makes the predators crazy. Congrats and nice shooting.

Exactly. My shockwave hasn't left the garage since I went back to using M F K diaphrams and picked up the M F K edition GC500. It just suits my hunting style & setups a lot better as far as hunting smaller areas and tight cover. I can't shoot cats using the e-call or at night here though, so I've been running the Bunny Bird diaphram for rabbit distress on some early morning/evening sets to try and pick up the cats and fox that torment me at night. It drives me nuts to be on a night time coyote set and watch the cats come and go. It's good cat scouting though, I have a dozen places to go back and call them on daytime sets.

Yeah I retired my Fox Pro after I had issues with is working unless I could see the call and it was within 50 yards of me. The GC500 will work no matter where I set it. I only wish the back light feature would stay on when turned on. I just realized M F K was "beeeped" out when spaces aren't added between the letters.

Back