Adjustable gas block adjustments?

zr600

Ok I got my upper together how should I set my gas black to start and how do you know if it's set right and what's the point of the adjustable vs non adjustable?

Close it all the way, then slowly back it out until the rifle functions and ejects reliably. Most guns are over gassed. AGB's help to tame down the violent cycling and really help when running a can with the extra added back pressure they give.

^^^ Yip, plus I'll add start out with one in the mag, and open a half turn at a time until the bcg locks back on the empty mag. Open another quarter to half turn and call it good.

If you have a SLR or Syrac than I would start at about 3 clicks and just keep going till the bolt Lock's open on the last round.

Like was pointed out (I think), most AR's are over gased which increases reliability in many different environments/conditions. The adjustable gas block allows you to bleed off excess gas which in turn affects felt recoil. I personally do not mess with this on my hunting rifles where reliability in rugged conditions is important. Just my take.

PS brand new to this forum but long time reader.

Originally Posted By: LowdragLike was pointed out (I think), most AR's are over gased which increases reliability in many different environments/conditions. The adjustable gas block allows you to bleed off excess gas which in turn affects felt recoil. I personally do not mess with this on my hunting rifles where reliability in rugged conditions is important. Just my take.

PS brand new to this forum but long time reader.

Welcome.

Back