Favorite 1 piece scope mount

I am thinking of getting a Larue QD 112. I have several P.E.P.R's. and am done with them. I was swapping scopes between uppers the other night and I sheered off a cross bolt merely using an open end wrench. Burris is replacing it.

Originally Posted By: JLB-MTI am thinking of getting a Larue QD 112.

Buy once, cry once.

I've stored my scope off the gun for 5 years and never had to rezero it.

The Aero Precision mount, with it's light weight, ruggedness and price is the best value for an AR scope mount on the market. Mine is mounted on a 308 AR and stands up to the recoil well. The clamshell ring design does make it a bit more difficult to level the cross hairs when tightening the screws, but a deck of playing cards can take care of that problem

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MistWolf The clamshell ring design does make it a bit more difficult to level the cross hairs when tightening the screws, but a deck of playing cards can take care of that problem

a risk of sounding stupid here i know. but ?

I had zero issue keeping the scope level as I tightened the mount. Simply hold the scope steady against the fixed side of the mount/clamp with one finger as you tighten the Allen screws. Worked the first time.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: MistWolf The clamshell ring design does make it a bit more difficult to level the cross hairs when tightening the screws, but a deck of playing cards can take care of that problem

a risk of sounding stupid here i know. but ?

Do you mean how does the deck of cards work? (No, you're not risking sounding stupid. I didn't go into detail because I was on my phone.)

You stack a deck of playing cards between the flat spot on the bottom of your scope and the mount (assuming there is a flat spot on the mount to use) snugly enough to keep the scope from shifting as you tighten the scope rings. The individual cards are uniform enough in thickness that they will give you a good level for the crosshairs

I've been running adm mounts recently but have had larue and jp as well. I really like the adm but I did play with an Aero a couple of days ago in my LGS and I will be buying one soon

Back