the perfect AR in 243?

Large-SmallFrameARs.jpg

This is picture of a large frame .260 AR and a small frame .223. The .243 Win will fit in the large frame. The .243 WSSM will fit in the small frame. Granted, they are not apples to apples as far as barrel length and stuff, but this gives you an idea of what you will be dealing with either way.

Fast Ed

mbkmkk,
sorry for my delayed response. I seat both the Berger and Sierra bullets to the same depths. Both chamber fine and the bullets do not get pushed deeper into the brass when chambering. Both are seated well off the lands.

There is a lot of people that reload for 243 that has loaded a long time. I have 4 243 and have never came to mind to by the WSSM that would mean new dies and would half to work up my loads for it.

Originally Posted By: GoldwingerI'm thinking of buying an AR type rifle in .243 win caliber. I've been doing a little reseach on this idea, but would like some opinions on what would be my best choice and where to get it. Thanks for whatever help and thoughts you've got.

The best .243 IMO would be a 6x68 & that would be on the AR15 frame and lighter & as deadly.

My pal has the Remington R25 .243 and to me its just way to heavy for packing around with a scope/bipod/sling/loaded magazine.
I built the 6x6.8 and my .243 gun stays in the safe these days.

I have two of the DTech 6DTI uppers and I am waiting on a krieger blank to start my next 6mm project. Any way you go I think you will love it, the 6's just plain shoot and there are a lot of great bullets available!

Back