lowest scope mount.

MNyoteHunter

Who makes some low one piece cantilevered scope mounts? Looking for something in the 1.25 or so range. Pretty much everything I can find is 1.5. And yes I'm well aware that that's the standard height for proper cheek weld for most people. But I like my scopes low. I've looked through scopes mounted on standard mounts and ar iron sights and they're all to high for me.

I would install a cheek rest.

DNZ (Freedom Reaper) has the lowest profile I've seen but I don't remember the exact height though.......maybe 1.3" .....not sure

I like them low as well.

The best solution I found was an IOR low profile rise with low rings. Got me right around 1.15 if I remember right. Its perfect.

Originally Posted By: MNyoteHunterI will be mounting a 50 mm scope. Pretty much want was low as I can get it.
In theory, 1" would be touching...the RECON-SL is 1.020"

Originally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: MNyoteHunterI will be mounting a 50 mm scope. Pretty much want was low as I can get it.
In theory, 1" would be touching...the RECON-SL is 1.020"

That's probably a touch low. Was thinking 1 1/8 to 1 1/4

Vortex 2in cantilever. IIRC its 1.25" above rail.

Nevermind...website shows it at 1.59, same as pepr mount. I have both and seems to me the vortex is a hair shorter.

Last edited:
I have a Nightforce 3.5-15x50 in a JP Mount. There is about 0.25 inch between bottom of scope and top of rail. Seems high to me, not sure if it's the mount or the Mission First BUS stock. I've been getting real tempted to see if something like Seekins 1.26" rings wouldn't work (probably not, no cantilever)

It's odd since the JP and Warne SKEL mount I have on another rifle (RRA ATH) and the Vortex Viper PST 1-4x on it are at a perfect height. Very odd as the JP and Warne are listed at the same height.

The BUS stock allows for a pretty light cheek riser that helps a bit and can allow for the charging handle to be worked. Could be an option for you too.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadI like them low as well.

The best solution I found was an IOR low profile rise with low rings. Got me right around 1.15 if I remember right. Its perfect.

I've thought about this as well. Dnz makes a really low mount but it doesn't cantilever and it needs to to get the right eye relief with the scope I have. I've been looking at yhm's rail extension to get it forward and their low rings. Should put it at 1.25 or so.

I have a DNZ 30mm cantilever mount on my Rock river AR, and if I remember right, it's just under 1.4", and that was one of the reasons why I bought it. The other reason was that it was solid, and light weight. Also my 50mm Leupold clears by almost 1/4". Cheek weld for me feels great at this height. I like this mount a lot.

The DNZ web site is very hard to figure out. The model # for the mount is #321FPT. It can be had at many retailers, and the height is a little under 1.4"

Badger Ordnance has a few options 0.885, 1.3, 1.4, 1.54 in the 30mm variety. The 1.3 has a 20 moa cant to it as well. I'm eyeing this one to possibly mount a NF NXS 3.5-15x50 an an AR.

Back