>>>>>COW- MOO-BILE..... Constructed and Heading WEST...<<<<<

Yesterday we started tightening things up by applying Gaffer's Tape around the doors, to help hold the double stick carper tape... didn't want the wind getting in there. I'm not sure if I like the looks of the tape, so I may have to glue felt over it.

Trimming out the windows is waiting on the 25 yds of Velcro to arrive from China.

GEDC0575_zpsppv4mgel.jpg

GEDC0580_zpswwltpwzb.jpg

GEDC0578_zpssbgmgxjq.jpg

I got caught taking out the back seat, and installing a plywood floor with double door openings for storage.

That swivel seat 6 gallon bucket will be the killing stool.
I was going to use a fishing pedestal seat at first, but it's easier getting into position with a seat that moves around, instead of a stationary post.

GEDC0521_zpsqr9skn6w.jpg

GEDC0577_zpskpihc6wx.jpg

GEDC0576_zpshqhunmgo.jpg

Here's a sneak peek of things to come.

GEDC0516_zps5r9tti2u.jpg

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwhat breed cow is this rig going to be? hereford, angus, holstein. with you sticking out the top maybe a brahma. hang a big set of steer horns on the grill and go for the longhorn look.
do not make it look to female*ish* just in case there is some big bulls in those pastures.

Reminds me of the South Texas rancher that drove up to his pasture pulling a cattle trailer with the biggest, meanest lookin' bull you ever saw inside.

The three resident bulls stood silently watching as the new bull was unloaded. No sooner than he hit the ground the new bull snorted and pawed the ground.

The biggest bull said, "I have 100 cows but I think I'll share 50 with this new bull." The mid-size bull said, "I have 60 cows so I'll let him have 40 of mine."

The smallest bull, pawing the ground and bellering in the deepest voice he could muster, prompting the two other bulls to asked the small bull, "surely you don't plan to fight the newcomer over your 20 cows, do you?"

The small bull replied, "Heck no, he can have all my cows, I just want to be sure he knows I am a bull!"

Regards,
hm

Holstein Harriet is getting closer and closer... just got to dress her up and add all the right makeup.

What is good Holstein Bling...?

GEDC0522_zpstsvhe5ln.jpg

GEDC0523_zpsepheyah2.jpg

GEDC0527_zpssawhy0ka.jpg

GEDC0524_zps47jldhfl.jpg

GEDC0525_zps6btvfkfz.jpg

Glad to see you left your rear view mirrors uncovered. Be sure to watch your six for this guy.

Sorry, got this Andre' Rieu video and he's one of my favorite conductors; just seemed appropriate.
wink.gif

Regards,
hm

WOW.... HM.... that was Great. I would have enjoyed being there... but not in that suit... wonder where I could get one...

Your right Brownie... it's Big... but you know size doesn't matter....LOL.

Dan, you're having way to much fun with this project.
thumbup.gif
Thanks for sharing it with us. Have you thought about the crowds you will surely attract, if you take it on your next trip? Might scare away all the critters.

Well Big Foot... do you mean crowds of people or cows?

I'm okay with cows, but people will see it as a normal vehicle with some black felt tied up around a platform at the roof line. It will only look like a cow once I pull off onto a ranch, and roll down the cow hide sides, and pull the head out of the back and hook it into place.

Those pics are coming... set back with your popcorn...LOL.

Dan, You better hope that you don't come across any bulls that like their cows to be "big 'uns"!!

Your project needs a theme song.

What'dya think of this one?.............

Or maybe this one..............

canislatrans54.... I played those theme songs to Harriet, and she just shucked her Bootie... not sure what that meant...LOL.

I got her dressed up and did her eyes. She first had eyes on both sides, but that made her look double headed, so now she only has the outer eyes. They needed to be big, with some reflection, so we used some plastic containers cut in half, stuffed them with silky brown cloth and wrapped them with clear masking tape, which gave them some shine.

And I put some black duck tape around her nose to make it shine as well.

GEDC0530_zpsbzvyoudp.jpg

GEDC0531_zpsstyhlsko.jpg

GEDC0540_zpssbr6xjly.jpg

One set of eyes...
GEDC0590_zps4qhmvxas.jpg

This is a short video clip of her ears flopping as she walks along.

http://vid1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa342/danbrothers/GEDC0591_zpsxkddkbme.mp4

She will have her Runway Unveiling this week... hope she's pretty enough to fool those coyotes. She already had at least one coyote hunter recognize her as a Holstein... surely a coyote will do the same at 200 yds plus distance... don't want them getting too close... even that distance is too close for a Fun Shot.

China came through for me with the Velcro, so I started applying it around some windows and doors... it will be the ticket... but I had to put double sided carpet tape under the Velcro to help with it's stickiness. The excess tape will be cut away, because it's UGLY sticking out from behind the Velcro.

GEDC0605_zpsnlmq9veq.jpg

I practiced rolling up and down the front part of the cow hide that covers the window, hood, bumper, and both fender areas. It stows away easily with two bungee cords, and stays in place when driving 65 mph... even the shooting platform stayed on... and it better...LOL.

GEDC0604_zps5ynqgrpt.jpg

I cannot tow it with the auto hubs that came on it, so Grant sent me a set of manual hubs that he had lying around.

I got them all cleaned up and ready to install... they should work wonderful... thanks to Grant...(Orneryolfart357)... that saved me a 100 bucks.

I guess he earned a Free Wheeling, Cow-Mobile, Rodeo Ride, but can he hit laughing coyotes...?

GEDC0603_zpsxbs5lkfm.jpg

Back