Best Foxpro for the money?

I started with the spitfire then went to the wildfire II and now have been using the crossfire for about a year. Think I'm finally settled in and won't be spending any more $ on EC's
famous last words.

TX 1000 remote is the ticket for us folks that are visually challenged. I believe the Banshee is the cheapest model to get the TX 1000.

Originally Posted By: GR5150TX 1000 remote is the ticket for us folks that are visually challenged. I believe the Banshee is the cheapest model to get the TX 1000.

Banshee comes with same remote as the Inferno. The CS25C comes with the tx1000

The Inferno looks like a nice unit for the money, wish they had that when I bought my Firestorm for twice the price. I find I never use the rear speaker so I'm carrying that weight around for nothing and the Inferno doesn't have it.

Originally Posted By: cjgThe Inferno looks like a nice unit for the money, wish they had that when I bought my Firestorm for twice the price. I find I never use the rear speaker so I'm carrying that weight around for nothing and the Inferno doesn't have it.

but the inferno runs on only 4 batteries so it wont have near the top end volume. but i agree with you. never use the cone speaker on my fusion either.

wish FoxPro made a caller about the size of the inferno, 1 horn speaker only, 8 batteries to power a bigger amp and with either the tx1000 or tx915. be perfect for my calling.

I believe I have all but decided upon the Shockwave. Thanks for all the help! My reasoning is that it has all the bells and whistles I MIGHT ever want, so I will be spending the money just once.

I am thinking of a couple accessories and those include 2 sets of lithium batteries, the case made for it, and the decoy attachment for it along with an additional rabbit topper. I have debated getting the 60 speaker, but I see no reason for it with this call, for the calling that I will ever do, and its an easy addition if I ever need it.

What experience do you have with these accessories?

Thanks!!

the shockwave is a nice call. bearmanric had one when we hunted last year & while I didn't operate it it, it sure sounded good.

it is physically a bit bigger than other models such as the Fury but I don't think that posed any real problems, just something I noticed.

Also, would it be best to go with the standard sound list? I am hunting in Iowa right now, focused on yotes, fox, cats. Main focus on yotes

Thanks

You could probably save some money and only get on lithium battery pack. It runs a long long time without the need for a charge, and charges fully in about 5 hours. Multiple days of calling without a charge.

Originally Posted By: merkw09You could probably save some money and only get on lithium battery pack. It runs a long long time without the need for a charge, and charges fully in about 5 hours. Multiple days of calling without a charge.

I also thought this way. I am not a big fan of not having a back up though if the need ever came about. I suppose I could always get a few aa batteries and keep around as a backup.

I wonder what the real runtime would be if I were running the call at decent volume, and the decoy 100% of the time?

I dont see myself going on any predator trips where I would be away from a wall charger at night, but the option of having an extra battery on hand seems handy, depending on how long it'll las of course.

I have the shockwave and I love it. They are expensive but well worth it I don't regret it! Buy the lithium batteries you will save your money in the long run.

Originally Posted By: CoyoteStalker86I have the shockwave and I love it. They are expensive but well worth it I don't regret it! Buy the lithium batteries you will save your money in the long run.

How many lithium batteries do you have? Do you run the decoy attachment? What kind of run-time do you get?

Originally Posted By: jdk81Also, would it be best to go with the standard sound list? I am hunting in Iowa right now, focused on yotes, fox, cats. Main focus on yotes

Thanks

be careful if you get a custom programmed one, the foxcast sequences won't work on it

I have the fox jack decoy and the lithium fox pro battery pack you can pick them up off the fox pro website and the battery pack last a long time. Never have had it go dead I've hunted all night and when I think it's getting low I charge it back up. I know it will run between 8 and 10 hours.

I just had the chance to A B the shockwave and the banshee on a hunt so I was able to get a good idea what they each offer. The banshee is LOUD which is great for windy conditions. Very simple stripped down ecaller with an upgraded remote. Add an ext speaker to this one and you have all the volume you could ever need. I like the simplicity of this call and it comes in at a great price point for the budget minded coyote hunter. Holds 200 sounds which is gods plenty. The shockwave is awesome and if you can afford it you won't be disappointed in what it has to offer. The dual horn/tweeter setup allows for great sound clarity/quality while as loud or very nearly as loud as the banshee. Keep in mind this comparison in volume was done in 20mph winds!! I like the fox Jack decoy right on the call and the ability to angle the speakers in about any direction for sound dispersion. This call is also not too large, it's easy to pack and carry. The remote is definitely the biggest advantage over the banshee as I find it to be more user friendly. The buttons are easier to use and the screen layout is basically the same so if I can run one I can run the other. I didn't get into any of the other features of the tx1000 remote so I can't comment on those. Overall both great callers. Banshee is the best bang for the buck. Shockwave is a better call if a guys wants to drop down the extra $.

Best is "very" subjective as others have mentioned. I have a Fury II and a Shockwave and the Shockwave is the best call they make IMHO. The remote alone is worth the extra money and the ability to have 2 forward facing speakers that move is awesome. Fox fade and fox pitch are very nice additions that can give a call that's over used in an area a new sound and bring them in.
I can make $100 or more on any coyote called in my area so having the edge over other callers gives me potential to bring home more $$$. For some people right now coyotes are a serious bonus in annual income.
If you only call a few times a year, dont save pelts and dont like to tailor your own sounds...Id skip a shockwave and use the money saved on bullets, brass or powder.

Cheers!!

I have decided upon the Shockwave! Thanks fire all the help! I basically decided that I'd rather buy it once than want to do something different in the future. It seems to have all the whistles I'll ever want, only thing I may need in the future would be an external speaker if I for whatever reason thought I wanted it.

I ordered the FJ decoy as well so I think I'll be set!

Thanks for all the great information guys!!

Your're gonna love it....its simply awesome!!Originally Posted By: jdk81I have decided upon the Shockwave! .

I ordered the FJ decoy as well so I think I'll be set!

Thanks for all the great information guys!!

You're gonna love it....you made a good decision!!

Back