Best value...

USMC47

I'm going to assume there's a general concensus on what the top three electronic callers are for roughly $300?

Anyone have opinions on this?

I'm simply calling coyotes in the open areas of Western Montana.

JJ

I'd take a look at the new FoxPro Banshee. I think it is $350.00. All of the reports so far are really good. Plenty of volume and the remote works great.

Al, you're in God's country there in Kentucky. I visited there once and can't say I can remember much of it.

The Banshee, huh? I'll giver a look.

Thank you, sir.

Take a look at the video by Mike Dillon on the FoxPro site. The only half way negative thing I have seen reported is that the keypad is not backlit which helps for night hunting. One of the forum members, hammer0419, bought one and he has tested it out at all kinds of ranges with no problems, and says it is really loud and clear.

Shoot, if that's the only thing to complain about....nothing the Marine Corps sends me out with is backlit. Lol.

That is the ONLY negative I could come up with. The remote range is FAR BEYOND any hunting scenario. It is super clear and very loud.

The Inferno is a nice little caller. Probably as much caller as many of us need? The Banshee with its 10 batteries has all the balls you will ever need. I put my sp60 into that and it was deafening. Not saying one will need it or need it much. But if and when you do its there!!

Last edited:
I agree with hammer0419. If you want to have a crow shoot, and you have the Banshee and the SP60, you are ready to call them from the next zip code. If you are hunting coyotes in big country, you have the volume you need and want with an amplifier and a battery supply to back it up.

What's funny here is I'm on a bunch of trapping forums and I could tell you anything you want to know about trapping. And here I am....the new guy at something again. I'm glad I help the new guys over there.

That said, should I assume there's an industry standard decoy or is one of the foxpro choices good enough since they're compatible with the caller?

Thank you for the help, gentlemen.

Like other subjects, you'll get different opinions. I like the FoxPro decoys a lot. They have a good action, and they run off the same battery source as the ecaller, and run off your ecaller remote. You can change toppers if you like.

Originally Posted By: possumalThe only half way negative thing I have seen reported is that the keypad is not backlit which helps for night hunting.
Page 11 of the Banshee says differently:

6-8 Display/Power: Backlight
This item allows you to change the intensity of the backlight in a range from 10% - 100%. The lower the intensity, the better your battery life will be. To adjust this setting, highlight the Backlight menu option, push the “Select” button, and then use the “Sound Up” or “Sound Down” scroll buttons to cycle through the values. When you have selected the desired backlight intensity, push the “Select” button a final time to lock it in.

6-9 Display/Power: Backlight T.O.
This item allows you to set the duration for the backlight timeout. The backlight illuminates per button press. If the backlight is illuminated and you do not push a button within the set period of time, the backlight will automatically shut off. Available values are 15 seconds, 30 seconds, and 1 minute. Keeping this at a lower value will help promote maximum battery life. To adjust this setting, highlight the Backlight T.O. menu option, push the “Select” button, and then use the “Sound Up” or “Sound Down” scroll buttons to cycle through the values. When you have selected the desired backlight timeout period, push the “Select” button a final time to lock it in.

6-10 Display/Power: Contrast
This item allows you to adjust the screen contrast. In ‘normal’ display mode, the higher the value, the darker the text will appear. In ‘inverse’ display mode, the higher the value, the darker the background will appear. To change this value, highlight the contrast menu item, push the “Select” button, and then use the “Sound Up” or “Sound Down” buttons to cycle through the values. When you have selected the desired contrast setting, push “Select” a final time to lock it in.

6-11 Display/Power: Display Mode
This item allows you to set the desired display mode. Available options include normal and inverse. In normal mode, the text will appear as black and the background will be light. In inverse mode, the background will be black with light text. To change this value, highlight the display mode menu item, push the “Select” button, and then use the “Scroll Up” or “Sound Down” buttons to cycle through the available

Talking about the keypad numbers on the remote not glowing. This was posted by a couple of the people who own the Banshee.

5spd, the screen is backlit. I was referring to each individual button. On the TX-1000 the buttons are fully illuminated and can be adjusted as well.

I know Primos isn't known for their customer service but I like my Alpha Dogg. It is loud, has plenty of sounds, expert hunts, remote is user friendly and has called quite a few for me. I have been putting it through the ringer for 3 years. Under $300

Originally Posted By: hammer04195spd, the screen is backlit. I was referring to each individual button. On the TX-1000 the buttons are fully illuminated and can be adjusted as well.

Details like that are good to know. It may or may not matter to a particular hunter, but they're good to know in advance when choosing.

Originally Posted By: hammer04195spd, the screen is backlit. I was referring to each individual button. On the TX-1000 the buttons are fully illuminated and can be adjusted as well.
Ahhh missed that important part, thanks as I was looking to buy a banshee and that may make a difference since Im used to the tx1000 and like them to be lighted.

Back