Magpul ctr sling stud?

zr600

Ok what are my options for mounting my sling from my bolt rifle with a sling stud front and rear to my magpul ctr stock?

On mine I drilled a hole in the plastic at the toe of the stock and screwed in a stud like you'd thread in a wood stock. I'm not sure why they don't come with one to start with.

I'm in the same boat, looking for sling studs to run a simple 2 point sling from one of my regular bolt action hunting rifles also. What's the best way to attach to the front of an AR? I noticed in my DPMS that there are a few holes on the bottom of the gas block, but didn't look closely enough to see if they're threaded.

***EDIT*** Just saw that Magpul makes some pretty decent looking slings that come w/ all the hardware I'd need to get set up. I've got a Magpul MOE hand guard also, what's the best way to mount a sling to that hand guard? It appears the Magpul MS3 Single QD Sling GEN2 or the Magpul MS4 Dual QD Sling GEN2 would be the two I'm interested in but still not sure how to mount the front part of the sling onto my MOE hand guard...

The easiest way is with Quick Detach buttons. The CTR stock has one on each side. Use a QD attachment on the MOE handguard, you may need to attach one. Then use a Magpul MS4 type sling with QD studs.

Back