Foxpro HELLFIRE yes/no?

ZaneTucker

Looking to buy a new ecaller and am looking at the hellfire. I like the idea of a horn speaker but not sure how well it will perform in the predator woods. Would be use mostly for predators and a lot for crows. Plus geese once and a while. What are your thoughts on this call.

I would suggest looking at a banshee which is essentially a hellfire with a much improved remote control and comes with 25 more sounds than hellfire. Banshee remote has a bigger screen easier to read txt and sounds laid out in folders making it easier to find the sound your looking for. Both callers are going to have lots of volume and good audio quality.

I looked at the banshee but it's right above my budget for right now. I cane get the hellfire locally along with a few of the lower priced ones.

I've been using a Hellfire, less than 50 or 60 stands so far but like it. Killed a small, mangy coyote yesterday using bird sounds, Finch, then "titmouse tantrum" came in under 5 min. Have called a few others that were missed. Reading the remote is an issue, but for me $$$ was the factor.
I'm happy with it, you will be also.

It sounds like bad eyesight is the reason. I had one and I loved it and I could read it just fine.

Originally Posted By: ZaneTuckerIs the remote hard to read due to small text or bad lighting?

Yes for some, best thing to do is look at one and see if if will fit your needs. Runs on 9 volt battery. Firestorm and wildfires had the same remote(TX-9).

I like my Hellfire with rechargable batteries......and have used it a fair bit over the past 14 months. In dim light the remote is a bit hard to read, but otherwise is the unit is fine. After you use it a lot you learn where the sounds are that you like to use. I added some sounds and have about 100 in total. It is fairly compact and light to pack and certainly has great volume, with clear sounds. As long as you have clear line of sight to an elevated caller, I can set up 50 or more yards from the caller and not have any issues controlling it.

i used the hellfire for 2 years, the sound is excellent. i called in many , many coyotes with it. the only gripe i had, and the reason why i upgraded to a fusion, is the remote. in the cold weather with gloves on i was having a difficult time manipulating the buttons. i felt i was mashing the buttons to get response. also the range is not that great, if i had many bushes, or a rock in between the caller and myself, there would be issues as well as range on the hellfire is about 50 yards give or take depending on the caller location. will it work, defenitely yes.

The remote is hard to read in bad light and 64yo eyes. Pressing both volume keys will bring up big easy to read numbers if you know what sounds go with them. Gloves can be a problem also. Most of my sets are close and thick so range hasn't mattered as I use a shotgun or my Marlin 357 carbine. Going out again in the morning.

I have the fox pro fury and my brother has the hellfire, both have called in fox and coyote with no problem. buy what you can afford the hellfire will be just fine if it wasn't they wouldn't still be selling them.

Originally Posted By: Inxslung12i used the hellfire for 2 years, the sound is excellent. i called in many , many coyotes with it. the only gripe i had, and the reason why i upgraded to a fusion, is the remote. in the cold weather with gloves on i was having a difficult time manipulating the buttons. i felt i was mashing the buttons to get response. also the range is not that great, if i had many bushes, or a rock in between the caller and myself, there would be issues as well as range on the hellfire is about 50 yards give or take depending on the caller location. will it work, defenitely yes.

What he said but my remote is crappy even at 30 yds. w/ stuff in the way. Def. recommend the Hellfire though!

Amen to that ... I have a wildfire and that TX9 remote is a pain for my 48 yo eyes. My friends laugh at me cause I have to use reading glasses and a flashlight to read it. My buddy just got a Shockwave and WOW!!!! I don't need readers or a light to see it. But $499 bucks for the Banshee is not in the cards. I am thinking about rigging some sort of magnifier over the screen. Anyone modified their TX 9 like that ... Id love to hear how you did it. Thanks

I've had my Hellfire for two years now and the caller is great. The remote can be a problem to see in low light though. I made a tripod out of 3 aluminum arrow shafts and a couple castration rubber bands that the caller can hang up on for tall weeds. This eliminates the radio interference with the heavy brush. I have no problem with 60 yard or more placement. The volume is fantastic on the horn type speaker. If you shop around you can get these for $235 new. If you can afford over $400 then get I would get one of the models with the larger remote.

Last edited:
Back