40 reasons I'll never attend the WTBBC.

CZ527

Not exactly 40 reasons... But one good reason. Their failure to maintain the integrity of the contest.

I understand that at times there are large numbers of fox taken. I've taken a few truck bed loads myself helping out a friend on his bird ranches. 8 cats? Sure, why not. Trolling is legal in the BBC, and it's very effective. There are some dang good cat populations in TX.

Let's get down to the 40 coyotes in 24 hours. Glad I wised up to those folks many moons ago.

Well I personally know one of the guys on the team that killed them and he is a heck of a hunter and spends time scouting his ranches. He don't waste his time hunting bs ranches. So yes....I think it's legit...

You're a good friend.

There are lots and lots of guys that have top notch land. I'm one of them, and know about 4 more guys that are set up real good. Never have to call the same place twice, see and kill truckloads of coyotes and we all do well when we go to competitions. I guess you could call us good hunters that scout and don't waste time calling bs ranches.

What has been passed off on 501 other teams this morning is ridiculous. The participants and the contest should be ashamed, and it further legitimizes why many good hunters (not all of course) won't have anything to do with it.

I'd bet if one were to poll the top 100 hunters in the world, 90 of them would say it's impossible. The other 10 may give the benefit of the doubt. Of course, that's just speculation. It would be hard to make up the list.

It just didn't happen, and it's sad if anyone thinks that it did.

Well I wasn't in the truck with them so I can't say 100% what went on. I know them boys hunt their butts off and on a good ranches killing 40 is not impossible. Hopefully they did everything legit. Until proven otherwise I have no reason to think otherwise.

Tell me they don't run a contest with 502 teams and don't give a polygraph test to the winner, and any other team protested. Go ahead, tell me.

It's never a level playing field when certain teams have exclusive access to prime properties. And the better known you are locally or the better connections you have, the better chances you have of securing said properties. The winners are not necessarily the best hunters, they do generally have the best land. An outsider has very little chance of doing well. That goes for small local derbys as well as big championships.

So congrats to the winners. But contests are something I just don't find interesting.

Part of being the best hunter is having the best ground. Hard to be a big killer with a couple thousand acres.

I have no doubt these guys killed what they said they did.

Originally Posted By: weekenderTell me they don't run a contest with 502 teams and don't give a polygraph test to the winner, and any other team protested. Go ahead, tell me.

I was told they don't polygraph the jackpots. It was brought up last year. Perhaps you could call and verify.

Originally Posted By: TJT3Well I wasn't in the truck with them so I can't say 100% what went on. I know them boys hunt their butts off and on a good ranches killing 40 is not impossible. Hopefully they did everything legit. Until proven otherwise I have no reason to think otherwise.

I guess last week you should have been asking them to take you hunting and not me.

It's all about having the number of coyotes on a piece of ground and enough ground to call them on. I just have to ask though. What is trolling?

Meh....can't please everybody and always going to be doubters...I sure hope they did everything like they were supposed to and I believe they did.

Trolling, in short, is driving around playing a call, or not playing a call. Hunting on the move.

The top 3 teams in the contest had legitimate victories. They are at the very least subject to testing. Congratulations to them, nice cats indeed. I believe 32.5 was the largest.

The jackpots paid 10,040 each. That's what's in question.

Winners can be viewed on the website, under past results.

Last edited:
The 70 something fox is what blows my mind. That's alot of killing. Heck 40 coyotes is alot too. I figured the jackpot winners took the polygraph test to?

Driving around with a call going? If the coyotes are dumb enough to come to a vehicle driving around I believe they killed that many. The coyotes I'm used to seeing run when they hear a vehicle.

Everyone on a winning team has to take a polygraph test so it they did cheat they'll know anyways.

TJT3,

To be clear I'm not upset with you. Not that you should care just saying.

Also, 70 some-odd fox is a bunch but I believe that without a doubt. It may have been 16 but for honesty's sake I can remember 15 on a stand near zephyr a couple years ago. Fox are easy to call and kill. I've said it a million times I feel sorry for them.

OKRattler, the polygraph 1-3 in the main. That's even where the polygraph money comes from. As for trolling, it's deadly on cats. It works pretty dad-gum good on young coyotes too... And a few old ones. It is simply amazing to be in a high rack and watch them funnel in behind you. I have been told and admitted that I am privileged to hunt such an uneducated population. They don't hear a call or see a light except once a year on contest grounds. This is a little over a dozen pastures, the smallest of which is 6K, the largest is 30K. I've got access to a lot of other stuff if I want to change partners, but I'm good friends with my current one. We mix and match a 3rd party sometimes.

To be clear, we only troll around on occasion, usually in the very late spring.

Back