Anyone in Elk County PA?

NoName1

We weren't looking to relocate back to PA until August of 2017, but my wife just got a job offer that is going to be hard to turn down. It's in Ridgway, PA...do any of the PA guys on here happen to be in that area at all? Her main office will be in Ridgway, with satellite offices in Coudersport and DuBois.

It will be hard to seperate households for a year, but with this job it would equate to me not having to get one when I retire from active duty.

Thanks. I'm generally familiar with the area, we are originally from the Warren/Youngsville area. I was hoping to take a long shot on seeing if anyone in that area can speak to the real estate and school system aspect as my 4 old twins will be heading into school in 2017.

I'm going to have to give up my thermal and night vision though!

Can't help you with the real estate or schools. Sorry.... You will have to give up the thermal and night vision. Hopefully you don't hunt with an AR, or you'll be giving that up too. Pennsylvania is way behind the times!

I had one AR and sold it, not my thing anyway. But the other toys will be hard to give...my folks and hometown are only 15 minutes from the NY border and my understanding is that I can use it there.

Originally Posted By: ZaneTuckerWhere are you from? I'm in my about a hour from warren on a bad day

Originally from Youngsville. My wife's parents are still in that town and my parents moved over to Russell last year. I'll still be hunting right in that area and across the NY border somewhat south of Chautauqua lake...from Clymer to Randolph. My understanding is that I can use the thermal & night vision in NY so I may just have to hold onto it for a while.

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Next time I'm up there for a few days I'll bring my gear and we can try to kill one at night if you want. Let's trade cell numbers in PM since I'm not always on here, especially when I'm up there.

Back